Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-08, 14:25

Angry Limit or cap for Feature spammers

I'm looking at you micheal1985 and cyclic(numbers)

It's spam. Yes, it's related to the app but, it's really spam. Half the posts by cats like this make little to no sense or, are already available in some way. It decreases the value of F.S. forum.

I say limit us all to 1 feat. suggestion per user/per day.
If you're one of the overexcited spammers, just put em all in one thread FFS.

/rant
Old 2013-03-08, 14:30

my ideas are not bad! THey are really useful!

Please dont say something which dont be true!
Old 2013-03-08, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post

Please dont say something which dont be true!
I have not.

It's not for me to decide a bad or good idea. Lets pretend all your ideas are good...so why not put them in one thread and keep bumping it or something?

It doesnt seem fair to other users.

User A makes a genuinely good suggestion.

User B makes 10 ridiculous suggestions

User C makes 15 suggestions (5 good, 10 bad)

User a just got buried by users b and c. Users d-z show up and see one poster covering the whole front page and they run away. Doesn't seem right to me.
Old 2013-03-08, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
Click on your username, which will take you to your profile, then click on the "show all threads started by user".

You will see that you have posted many suggestions more than once - like layered midi editing, better sampler editing, grain delay.

You only need to post a suggestion one time - then there is a single thread with all of the responses and subsequent comments.

IMO, a suggestions carries much more weight if it is suggested only one time and then everyone interested (or not) posts in that thread - the threads with high view and reply counts will then stand out.

That said, you are also posting suggestions that have already been made, and again, you'd be putting a much high +vote in place if you found those threads and contributed there, as opposed to starting a new one.

Put yourself in props shoes -- they are not going to be reading every post on the forums; not going to be reading every suggestion -- their primary job is to code.

If they have to plow through thousands of posts to find out what users want, they're just going to carry on on their own.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-03-08, 18:37

On the positive tip, your titles were fairly clear Don't you just hate those posts that are titled like, "Question". I just wanna jump in and write, "ANSWER!"
Old 2013-03-08, 19:50

but how will Props know people want MIDI out and that Rack Extensions are ridiculously overpriced if there aren't 3 billion threads about it?
Old 2013-03-08, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
but how will Props know people want MIDI out and that Rack Extensions are ridiculously overpriced if there aren't 3 billion threads about it?
Good Point.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-03-08, 22:48

Quote:
I think they got the memo on midi out, loud and clear, there's even a nice little poll in a huge thread lying somewhere.
RE's aren't priced by props unless it's one of theirs so not much they can do for 90% of the prices.

Multiple threads can be seen as a good thing because it's creating demand but not when one user posts like 10 threads in such a short time - Other suggestions getting buried isn't fair to everyone who also have legitimate suggestions they would like to be seen
Old 2013-03-10, 13:00

Quote:
That is the point, if posted once, the threads dissapear fast!
Old 2013-03-10, 17:43

Quote:
1.Because Props know that people want MIDI out since the beginning of time!

2.Rack extensions are not overpriced that an overstated opinion!

Here's some homework for you :
Get 5 RE from the shop and compared them to any counterparts out there. I'll make it an easy homework,compare them to other software and even hardware out there !

And then show us the "ridiculously overpriced" Difference in cost.

So I expect to see something that cost $200 in the Prop Shop costing $75.00 in VST ! That would be "ridiculously overpriced"

Best Dance Music Mix and News on the planet http://www.reginaldleger.com/

Last edited by pjeudy; 2013-03-10 at 17:45.