Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-09, 15:57

Lightbulb Preset Automation Full-Stop Auto-Save and Song Notes

Preset Automation - Preset waveforms for automation (sine s/h steps etc.)
Full Stop - When you press stop, everything will quit playing (delays loops etc.)
Auto-Save the user's project? (set the time to save every hour for instance)
Song Comments - A notepad every time you open a song

Last edited by theflowerpeople; 2013-03-10 at 02:54. Reason: Edit
Old 2013-03-09, 16:01
Banned

Auto-Save the user's project? (set the time to save every hour for instance) - absolutely needed feature!!! Plus million for that!
Old 2013-03-10, 20:21

i can understand why people want this but i disagree a THOUSAND FOLD unless it can be TOTALLY DISABLED. i've trained myself to work with saving manually as and when i want. any app with autosave füchs me all up and is a nightmare for people that work the way i've explained.
Old 2013-03-11, 04:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaamook View Post
i can understand why people want this but i disagree a THOUSAND FOLD unless it can be TOTALLY DISABLED. i've trained myself to work with saving manually as and when i want. any app with autosave füchs me all up and is a nightmare for people that work the way i've explained.
Of course it will be optional.
Old 2013-03-11, 10:54

perfect.

its just that the morons at apple didn't think that optional was needed and they screwed up a few of their very useful built in apps in recent versions of osx. ever since then the notion of autosave gives me indigestion.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:19

Not only should autosave be optional, of course it should be absolutely non-destructive. Extra-files with a time stamp, saved at user-set intervals, kept to a maximum of a user-set number of files, either deleted on (regular) exit when the original file was saved properly or kept for the user's future use.

Destructive autosave is stupid and bound to cause trouble. Non-destructive autosave is an invaluable feature that saved my butt a gazillion of times in my day-job. And, as it happens, would have saved two hours of song-creation before my laptop crashed twenty minutes ago. At least I saved the original instrument setup.