Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-12, 22:04

Post Multi parameter selection + Note slicing

Ok guys, we need to make propellerhead put Multi parameter editing in, for example, selecting 4 lanes with ctrl click and then affect all the faders simultaneously or pan. (I know you can do that with group channels but why do we need to use a work around that every daw has had for ages?)
Also if it isn't implemented yet, the ability to change the start point of a midi note, without dragging the note itself (also note slicing)

*Edit*
  • Multi Param Selection + Editing
  • Midi note slicing etc..
  • Pitch Bend automation for audio in sequencer (Remove need to route through neptune/use sampler)
  • Standalone Transient Shaper + Wave shaper (Remove need to route through Kong/Malstrom)
If you can think of any other small things that you need when using reason, write them down here, and then we can hopefully get them implemented

Last edited by MutantNoodles; 2013-03-12 at 22:35.
Old 2013-03-13, 00:43

The two biggest issues for me are both workflow/user-experience related:

* The super-annoying and soul-sucking 'drag' behaviour. This alone has really put me off tweaking things with the mouse and taken a lot of the fun out of interacting with the Rack.

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=145930

* Sort out the 'context' visible to the user when editing a lane - at the moment it's not possible to see other lanes while in Edit mode, a real hinderance to note editing, harmonising and voicing:

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=124789
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=140582

These two things are the biggest issues I personally have with Reason's workflow.
Old 2013-03-13, 02:02

Good contribution!
I concur!
Old 2013-03-13, 05:17

Updates to the browser. It needs to be more streamlined and faster to find sounds, patches, etc.

More audio editing functions (zooming, snap to transients, reverse sample, etc) in the sequencer.

More keyboard shortcuts... Period.

Rebirth integration via RE or sound modules so we can get rid of the defunct Rebirth Input Machine.

Purchased RE's should be written to Ignition Key along with the Reason license.
Blue Spark!
padKONTROL
Keystation Mini 32
Motif ES 6
Rubicon R6a
MDR-7506

Last edited by EntityMusicEnt; 2013-03-13 at 05:19.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:09

bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowsqueak View Post
The two biggest issues for me are both workflow/user-experience related:

* The super-annoying and soul-sucking 'drag' behaviour. This alone has really put me off tweaking things with the mouse and taken a lot of the fun out of interacting with the Rack.

* Sort out the 'context' visible to the user when editing a lane - at the moment it's not possible to see other lanes while in Edit mode, a real hinderance to note editing, harmonising and voicing

These two things are the biggest issues I personally have with Reason's workflow.

yes, Props are really good at what they are doing but how they could mess this up is beyond my understanding. Messing up is one thing but never fixing it is another. I love Reason and will stick to it but fixing these issues would improve my workflow a lot!
Old 2013-06-07, 06:34

Agree 100% with the context idea! It can be slow and painful to line up notes on different lanes.

Just showing selected note lanes simultaneously in some kinda of a "layer mode" would be so useful and quite easily implemented.