Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-13, 17:20

Alot of Noobs around!!

Seems theres alot of people that just bought reason ...without a solid 'reason' as to why rather than they saw FREE or their friend told them too or he/she uses it ..so i'm gonna use it.

The questions popping up in forums is hilarious!!

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2013-03-13, 17:46

Noobs make the world go 'round. The more noob questions the better.
Old 2013-03-13, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSidious View Post
My fave in recent days is 'how do I save a patch' SMH.
Old 2013-03-17, 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebot View Post
my fave in recent days is 'how do i save a patch' smh.
hahahahaha!!! ..literally!!

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2013-03-17, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSidious View Post
Seems theres alot of people that just bought reason ...without a solid 'reason' as to why.

I'm a user like that since version 1, and i consider myself as still being a reason n00b.
Never get anything finished beyond an 8 bar loop it seems and still get amazingly stuck tweaking with knobs and sliders...

'reason' is my music game, and it's only purpose is to have a great time tweaking knobs and making soundscapes, and if i don't understand something, i will read the forum or watch some tutorial on youtube...

We can't all be pro's
Old 2013-03-17, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwise View Post
We can't all be pro's
That's just a question of attitude and motivation...Anyone with the right attitude and the motivation to hit their goals can and will succeed and asking 'stupid noob' questions is the first step.
No one started off as a pro and we have all asked atleast one stupid question so let's just help the little grasshoppers here
Old 2013-03-22, 09:35

I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep View Post
That's just a question of attitude and motivation...Anyone with the right attitude and the motivation to hit their goals can and will succeed and asking 'stupid noob' questions is the first step.
No one started off as a pro and we have all asked atleast one stupid question so let's just help the little grasshoppers here
I agree with you

We had to start from someone,I hate it when people take the piss out of noobs

Unfair and un called for,lets all make this place a happy one,and be eager to help out everyone,where we can
Old 2013-03-22, 14:08

compared to some of the forums I have seen I think these ones are actually quite well spirited, people ask basic or very advanced questions and someone answers in the best way they can, cant say fairer than that

on other forums the emphasis is also on being right, all the time, these forums tend to have a discussion feel about it, so there is a happy thought :P
Old 2013-03-17, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindwise View Post
I'm a user like that since version 1, and i consider myself as still being a reason n00b.
Never get anything finished beyond an 8 bar loop it seems and still get amazingly stuck tweaking with knobs and sliders...

'reason' is my music game, and it's only purpose is to have a great time tweaking knobs and making soundscapes, and if i don't understand something, i will read the forum or watch some tutorial on youtube...

We can't all be pro's
see you are on the right track though, you experiment hands-on, study, watch, learn. you therefore answer your own questions or find the answers to those questions.

there are too many questions asked that stem from not trying, studying, reading(TFM!) or forums(search), watching, or learning.
Old 2013-03-17, 18:30

Asking questions is how someone moves on from being a "n00b" in the first place. The problem IMO is when people with little experience or practical knowledge (oh, that would be a n00b wouldn't it?) make absolute statements as facts about things that can or can't be done or why something is the way it is, when they really need to just take a step back and accept that maybe they don't really know everything after all. It's the "sophomore syndrome". They know just enough to think they know everything, but not enough to realize they know very little.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…