Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-14, 11:07

Come on Avid!

So, after reading here that Reason is not professional I thought I should upgrade to something professional then. So I sold all my Reason software and bought a ProTools 10 AAX system and some VST plugins for 20.000€

Its the total ripoff!

- No free routing. You can actually only send a channel to a bus and if you're lucky you're allowed to use a sidechain with your plugin. Great eh? Come on! This is 2013 even an analog mixing desk had more routing options!!
- Dongles wtf? I have like 4 dongles connected to my computer now.
- No VST?? What the heck, I have to use a wrapper to use the industry standard VST??
- VSTs cannot run on the DSP hardware?? I mean what did I buy all these plugins and the expensive DSP boxes for?
- Can you guys decide on a preset format? I have like 8 different preset formats now -.-
- MacOSX 10.6???!?!?!! Do you really expect me to downgrade to an OS from three years ago? Come on Avid!!
- No support for my MIDI remote? I mean WTH, only HUI support? Are you kidding me? The controller revolution was like 1998
- What is this supposed to be? A MIDI sequencer? LMAO!
- DSP hardware overloads.. I thought these super-expensive DSP boxes run like thousands of plugins..?? I get like a maximum of 2x the plugins I can use on my CPU, for some plugins theres almost no difference in instance count.. This is a ripoff! Are these boxes actually doing anything???

I could go on and on but if Avid doesn't manage to address these BASIC things then I will not spend 20.000€ on them again! Nuff said!

P.S. Obviously this is a parody of similar posts aimed at Reason

P.P.S. If you think I impersonate you personally, I do not

Last edited by normen; 2013-03-14 at 11:30.
Old 2013-03-14, 11:19

Lol you are a trouble maker

Is this how it is for the industry standard?
Old 2013-03-14, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobeahmon View Post
Lol you are a trouble maker

Is this how it is for the industry standard?
^^ I think at some point I get enough energy from this whole stupid talk to make a nice metal song

Yeah, if I was that naive I could actually be that guy I impersonate there. The grass is never greener on the other side
Old 2013-03-14, 11:59
Banned

Had a chance to try Pro Tools 10, was so cool to delete that BS after 10 minutes of loud mate!
Old 2013-03-14, 18:31

I had PT8 and, briefly PT9. It was the most unfriendly spoilt brat of a program that I've ever encountered. In contrast, Reason is a joy to work with. Industry standard, my arse.
Old 2013-03-14, 18:40

But it has Pro in the name.

Your move.
Old 2013-03-14, 19:32

lol im staying away from this one!

yup!!! but only one thing i can say is who is to say what is or not professional?
Old 2013-03-14, 19:52

I worked at Digidesign back in the day when PT III was released. I had access to a rig that was completely maxed out... NuBus Expansion Chassis (yep, pre-PCI) with 12 slots in it, completely loaded with DSP Farm cards, a couple of SampleCell 2 cards with 32MB of RAM, even had a MacProteus in there for good measure. It was freaking AMAZING at the time.

But, it was definitely an audio system, not a MIDI system. I did use it on occasion with Digital Performer but holy crap now THERE was a piece of junk (DP took years to get working reliably).

Good times...

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-14, 19:56

ProTools makes total sense, just like Reason does The in-memory workflow of 10 is pretty amazing actually.. But still, Reason makes me smile more often
Old 2013-03-14, 20:13

I've never masturbated while using ProTools......