Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-14, 12:46

Unhappy Reason 7 - VST support?

The biggest question as always. 90% of all Reason users wants VST support. Will it be available in Reason 7 and if not, why?

I have contacted all the major VST developers and no one will make their products for "Rack Extensions". I am so tired of having to use Cubase for VST. Rewire, yeah sure but... it sucks.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden View Post
Will it be available in Reason 7
Seems not.
Old 2013-03-14, 13:07

It's not detrimental. With MIDI, you now have an avenue to sync with another VST host.
Old 2013-03-14, 13:24

Some of the Major Vst-producers already make RE's. At least I consider iZotope and Softube as major.
And Im so sorry but I don't need more plugins. I don't need vst.
I got whatever I need to make a good song sound good in Reason and with Re's. And if the song is bad, then vst's can't help you.
Old 2013-04-04, 18:10

We need massive!
Old 2013-04-18, 19:20

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmenofficial View Post
We need massive!
I agree, a good wavetable synth is definitely something that Reason lacks
Old 2013-05-26, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyF View Post
Some of the Major Vst-producers already make RE's. At least I consider iZotope and Softube as major.
And Im so sorry but I don't need more plugins. I don't need vst.
I got whatever I need to make a good song sound good in Reason and with Re's. And if the song is bad, then vst's can't help you.
Reason has a very nice sound, but it is clear that there focus is not on the virtual instrument sound department. How long has Reason been around? The list of Refills Propellerhead has released is not very long in comparison. Then you take companies like Spectrasonic and Project Sam whose main focus is on creating Virtual Instruments, which is why many people like creating music with them. They sound awesome, right out of the box with minimal tweaking. And the sound of certain "Live Instruments" leave something left to be desired in some of the Refills made for Reason by 3rd parties. And Massive just sounds plain ungodly. there is nothing in Reason that sounds like that synth...at least not to me.
Old 2013-05-26, 06:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjassonturner View Post
Reason has a very nice sound, but it is clear that there focus is not on the virtual instrument sound department. How long has Reason been around? The list of Refills Propellerhead has released is not very long in comparison. Then you take companies like Spectrasonic and Project Sam whose main focus is on creating Virtual Instruments, which is why many people like creating music with them. They sound awesome, right out of the box with minimal tweaking. And the sound of certain "Live Instruments" leave something left to be desired in some of the Refills made for Reason by 3rd parties. And Massive just sounds plain ungodly. there is nothing in Reason that sounds like that synth...at least not to me.
Hadn't really looked at it like this, but I have to completely agree.

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-05-28, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjassonturner View Post
Massive just sounds plain ungodly. there is nothing in Reason that sounds like that synth...at least not to me.
nevertheless it works or sounds like Massive.
it is possible with good ears, some RE´s, a little bit work and knowledge how to.

the program is really damn good!
Old 2013-06-07, 18:48

Where in the hell did you get 90% from? lol

I don't understand whats the point of VST support if they released RE's last year. . .Are you even thinking from a business standpoint or are you just thinking from a consumer standpoint?