Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-18, 04:11

Question Balance - direct monitoring outside of Reason?

Hi all,
I got my balance today and have been fiddling around with it trying to work it all out and one thing in particular I have not worked out is if it is possible to directly monitor the inputs whilst NOT in Reason (so for use with other non-ASIO/WDM programs and windows itself)?

Also there seems to be no sort of user manual with Balance at all - just the quick start. And searching around I can only find a basic faq. Is there a more complete set of documentation somewhere?
Old 2013-03-18, 04:50

Here’s the Balance Operation Manual .pdf file that comes on the Essentials DVD. I saved it on my Dropbox awhile back and it comes in handy: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6247344/Balance%20Operation%20Manual.pdf . I run my computer sound through my E-MU 0404 soundcard and haven’t tried using Balance for CD drives, the Internet, etc.; my Balance is exclusively for Reason but I can run Reason through the 0404 soundcard as well by changing the Edit > Preferences > Audio back-and-forth from ASIO Balance to ASIO E-MU 0404.

And be sure and take care of the drivers’ business if needed: https://www.propellerheads.se/download/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=balance-drivers . And welcome to the forums.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:33

Hold down the "MUTE/DIRECT MONITORING" button until the white light goes on. You will then live monitor whatever inputs you have selected.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-18, 10:21

Ah thank you everyone - that got me on the right path! All sorted! =)