Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-21, 20:08

Problem with downloading Reason 6.5.3 help!

having trouble downloading Reason 6.5.3

I recently bought reason 6.5.3 and I'm trying to download. I've tried several times and unzipping but it's as if the download stops. I can not download it. Although I see the downloaded file in chrome in the downloads. when I use 7zip to extract it says" It's invalid" or can not open file as archive?

anyone have any suggestions? I've tried on two different PC's and I don't know if I am getting the whole download or not. It's show as a 3.3gb zip file?

what am I doing wrong here?
Old 2013-03-22, 18:19

Just an update. I was finally able to get the reason 6.5.3 download. But I had to setup utorrent and get it from there. I tried multiple times with chrome and Internet Explorer. They would start downloading then get to a certain point and stop without getting the whole file.

I did the routine tried two different pcs, wifi, ethernet. checking of router/modem settings ect. disabling allow connecetion to sleep ect. I went through everything. I'm still not clear as to why I can not download this through chrome or Internet explorer from the propellerhead download link. I can download other things, but haven't tried a file as big as 3.3gb.

I also have a new build a Sabertooth z77 and I have been having terrible trouble with downloads with this or the LAN NIC. I've tried all the fixes out for it, updating drivers ect. I see it's a common problem with this Intel 82579v network connection. uninsallted AI suite.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Old 2013-03-22, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchop76 View Post
I also have a new build a Sabertooth z77 and I have been having terrible trouble with downloads with this or the LAN NIC. I've tried all the fixes out for it, updating drivers ect. I see it's a common problem with this Intel 82579v network connection. uninsallted AI suite.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Strange. I also have the Sabertooth Z77 and I'm using the LAN NIC by Intel. Have the latest AI Suite installed; no issues on my end. Rock solid and lightening fast.

Did you download the latest drivers for the Z77 from Asus' website? What OS are you on?
Old 2013-03-23, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Strange. I also have the Sabertooth Z77 and I'm using the LAN NIC by Intel. Have the latest AI Suite installed; no issues on my end. Rock solid and lightening fast.

Did you download the latest drivers for the Z77 from Asus' website? What OS are you on?
Windows 7 64 bit OS
ya I've downloaded all the latest drivers. Even went to intel site to try drivers for the LAN. It's weird because I can speedtest and it shows I'm getting what I'm paying for DSL connection download and upload. But when I go to start downloading it's as if it throttles back. I've been reading of others also having this issue with the ASUS z77 sabertooth.

It's weird. I actually had to use my laptop with Utorrent setup to download the Reason 6.5.3 file. I still can't figure it out unless it's a hardware problem. But it's strange when doing a speed test it is showing correctly.

It would just start downloading then get halfway and just stop. I've tried everything. may just have to get a LAN card and try it.

Enoch what LAN Drivers are you using? did you install them from ASUS website or Intel? and what version are you using? There is the lastest driver I think from ASUS 17.3 or something, but it says you must install NVM update utility before installing, but I can't figure out how to do it from command prompt. It doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by Jchop76; 2013-03-23 at 03:19.
Old 2013-03-23, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchop76 View Post
Enoch what LAN Drivers are you using? did you install them from ASUS website or Intel? and what version are you using? There is the lastest driver I think from ASUS 17.3 or something, but it says you must install NVM update utility before installing, but I can't figure out how to do it from command prompt. It doesn't make sense to me.
Hmmm.. I'm on Windows 8 64-bit, so maybe that's the MacGuffin (??)... I just ran Speedtest.net and commonly get solid rates which are reflected in my downloads.

I'm on version 12.1.77.0 (dated 7-12-2012) for my Intel 82579V controller. I installed from Asus' website.
Old 2013-03-23, 11:54

Are all your tests on the same broadband connection?
Old 2013-03-23, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Are all your tests on the same broadband connection?
yes. all tests on the same broadband connection.
Old 2013-03-23, 16:20

If the connection is the only bit of the puzzle you didn't change then logic points to your ISP, simples ;-)