Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-22, 15:30

Reason 7 is More for Your Money

I recently saw an old interview with one of the founding members of Propellerhead - Marcus Zetterquist - right here:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwypkDGhV4o
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Qy2kx-GIU

Something that he said in Part 2 (2:24) bares reiteration:

Quote:
When we did Reason... there's nothing you could do in Reason 1.0 that you couldn't already do. It was just more fun and faster in Reason.
My personal feelings are that this clearly is still the case for the most part, and it keeps me here. Taking into consideration that the volume of people who are excited and satisfied with the course Propellerhead have taken is louder than the volume of those who aren't, I would wager that I am not alone.

I'm looking forward to Reason 7.0.
Old 2013-03-22, 17:04

I agree, though I'd also say that there are some fairly significant things you can do in Reason that you can't do in other apps, like all the CV routing & control. But the "fun factor" is absolutely valid and important and valuable. "Faster" is debatable, as much of that comes from how the particular person uses the software. Something may not be faster out of the box in Reason, but if I've created a custom shortcut or macro that does it for me, then it might become faster for me in particular.

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to R7, and just to continuing to make music in Reason in general. Frankly I'd be fine if it was still at 6.5, though definitely some of the new 7 features will expand my horizons.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-23, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
I agree, though I'd also say that there are some fairly significant things you can do in Reason that you can't do in other apps, like all the CV routing & control. But the "fun factor" is absolutely valid and important and valuable. "Faster" is debatable, as much of that comes from how the particular person uses the software.
Very true. I also use Reaper and find it difficult to manage, but others can get things done in Reaper within seconds. I still find myself coming back to Reason because of the fun-factor. Faster is all a matter of preference, I would agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
Anyway, I'm also looking forward to R7, and just to continuing to make music in Reason in general. Frankly I'd be fine if it was still at 6.5, though definitely some of the new 7 features will expand my horizons.
Heheh - yeah 6.5 has been worth the investment. I've been very happy with it, but admittedly - the features that 7.0 will bring will make it difficult for me to go back to 6.5! The anticipation has taken me out of my gear acquisition syndrome (*blush*)...

...although I suppose if you count version 7 as just another piece of gear, I'm not cured yet!