Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-23, 14:33

Talking Help :P Predator or Antidote, which one? :)

Hi! I can afford only one of those great synths Which one should I chose? I can't decide by myself! Both are great.

Which one would you chose? Help me abit I'm Jean Michell Jarre and C64/Amiga Music lover Made a lot of remixes already ^^

And the P.S. Question.
Will those prices go a bit lower? 99EUOR is a bit of money, mby I should wait for some promotions or smth?

Regards Musicians!!
CalmBird
Old 2013-03-23, 14:37
Banned

Antidote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:54

Antidote first, get Predator later! You can route other devices/audio through Antidote's inputs on the back, very usefull indeed.
Old 2013-03-23, 16:43

I would say Antidote too, not only does it have great sound capabilities, it's just so easy to program if you don't want to use presets. It's pretty much like Sylenth1, in terms of programming.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:08

Concur I've only trialled both but Antidote sounded the best to me, Predator was more versatile though and also sounded good, just not as good as Antidote.

Given your tastes there is only one choice Antidote all the way baby.
Old 2013-03-26, 13:59

Are you sure about it?

Predator has 3 oscilators and a lot more waveforms. Also it's more advanced than antidote. It's also more versatile and have a lot more of soundbanks.

Antidote sounds good, but Predator seems to sounds a bit better for me, and this versatile.

I would like to see more information, if you don't mind please

Last edited by calmbird; 2013-03-26 at 14:11.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmbird View Post
Are you sure about it?

Predator has 3 oscilators and a lot more waveforms. Also it's more advanced than antidote. It's also more versatile and have a lot more of soundbanks.

Antidote sounds good, but Predator seems to sounds a bit better for me, and this versatile.

I would like to see more information, if you don't mind please
Yup I prefer the sound of the OSC's and FX, although as I said Predator is more versatile by virtue of the fact it has more of everything, apart from multi OSC stacking! Presets are low in my synth choice priorities, as I build the majority of patches from scratch and the workflow of Antidote delivered quality sounding patches in less time for me.

Sounds like you have made your mind up! good luck either way you can't go wrong
Old 2013-03-26, 21:51

Predator has "spread" which stacks and detunes as well but the synth is mono only. Antidote has stereo spread and panning of the individual oscillators which is great for Sylenth1 style big sounds (if that's what you like). I also prefer Antidote for both the quality of the FX and the quality (i.e. level of detail) of the oscillators and filters, I think they play in a much higher league than Predator to be completely honest. I also love the fact that it's simple and straight forward to use, it gives great results with little effort. I think that Predator's UI is very cluttered and not very intuitive to work with. To be completely honest, I prefer Thor over Predator.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:42

Antidote... Haven't been too fond of any of the Rob Papen RE's. Cluttered like eXode mentioned and just kinda plain sounding. Predator is just frustrating to look at and I couldn't even give it the time to learn it because of how non-user-friendly it felt. Antidote on the other hand, had my heart from the get-go.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:27

I had the exact same problem. I tested them both and to me it seemed obvious, predator wins by a mile for my tastes. Predators sound bank blew me away. I also programmed some great patches. I've seen a lot of people on these posts say that antidote is the way to go, but be c