Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-24, 04:44

Stupid question but what mouse and keyboard do you use? wireless or wired?

This may be a stupid question.

but I'm in the market for a new mouse and keyboard. And I'm wondering what I
should go with. Wireless keyboard and mouse or wired?

is there any drawbacks going with wireless keyboard and mouse with reason or a Daw?

what are others using? brands? wireless, wired?
what is your setup?

just curious.
I'm really liking the Logitech Illuminated K810 compact bluetooth keyboard. But I've heard that some have problems being able to boot into bios with a wireless keyboard??
Old 2013-03-24, 04:55

I have a wireless Logitech trackball because I really like the thumb-based trackballs and only Logitech seems to make them. But my keyboard is an Apple wired USB, because the wireless one that came with my computer wasn't full size, and I use the keypad all the time, as well as arrow keys, etc.

Only drawback to wireless in my experience is that sometimes your batteries are starting to die and so you get intermittent flaky mouse response. Oh that and needing to tie up a USB port with the wireless receiver, if it's not a Bluetooth device.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-24, 06:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanKloot View Post
Only drawback to wireless in my experience is that sometimes your batteries are starting to die and so you get intermittent flaky mouse response. Oh that and needing to tie up a USB port with the wireless receiver, if it's not a Bluetooth device.
+1..

My wireless mouse works fantastic until the battery gets low - then it's flaky -- the light will be on, making you think the mouse should function, but there's not enough battery to make it work properly...but one you figure that out, wireless is the way to go.

and yes, if you don't have blue tooth built in, you're going to use a USB port for the blue tooth dongle.

if you have built-in blue tooth - go wireless without hesitation - get the keyboard and mouse you like most (test drive for ergonomics/etc), as all will work similarly.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-03-24, 07:10

I have to say I initially really liked the "magic mouse" that came with my iMac. But I found that it ate batteries like they were candy and it got REALLY flaky when the batteries were low. Also I would frequently brush the surface with my fingertips or palm and trigger various gestures that I didn't mean to trigger. Ultimately I got frustrated with it and it's now a paperweight. Brilliant idea but not well executed, IMO.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-24, 07:51

MacBook Pro trackpad, love it.
Old 2013-03-25, 07:40

I think one if the best things about having a wireless mouse is that when you have other people working on tracks with you it's easy to bounce the mouse around instead of switching seats.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrtldg View Post
MacBook Pro trackpad, love it.
I was thinking about getting one of those myself. May still look into it.

New hit single now on iTunes. I co-wrote, co-produced, and mixed it all in Reason 7 - "Shine" (Diamonded Up) by Sonny
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sh...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

VEVO:
Video on VEVO and world-wide Video outlets: http://vevo.ly/EcW39o

On Soundcloud:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-25, 17:38

get a blue been mousse !
they cost 5 box more and go on every surface they real cool !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-03-25, 18:28

so what's the verdict with bluetooth vs rf.

As I understand it, bluetooth does not allow you to get into bios on boot up correct?

You would have to have either a wired keyboard or a usb number key pad hooked up to get into bios.

I want a bluetooth wireless keyboard, but this issue seems to be a pain as the Asus z77 sabertooth does not have Built in Bluetooth on the board, so I would have to add a Bluetooth Dongle (usb). I can't seem to find any that supports Hid Proxy as they say to allow the switch, to get into Bios at post in windows.
Old 2013-03-25, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchop76 View Post
so what's the verdict with bluetooth vs rf.
The Bluetooth mouse is slower to wake up than the RF mouse my wife uses with her laptop. I'm not sure it it related to the mouse, the Bluetooth adapter or Bluetooth in general.

Ye Olde FishCAM