Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-26, 00:15

Unhappy What about us faithful ones with 6 & Balance already?

Some great deals out there for the upgrade to 7 but what about someone that has forked out good money already for both Reason 5 and Record 5, upgraded to 6 then bought Balance a year later? I want Reason 7 and can't wait to make use of all the well needed new features especially group tracks and the analyzer for me, guess i'll have to wait awhile to upgrade, our 4 month old needs to eat. Maybe i should sell balance.
Sadly ,
MarqA

"Little Tiny Small Things" out in April.
http://www.marqamusic.com/bigroom-pr...ve-electro.php
Old 2013-03-26, 00:50

I'm in this boat myself having bought my Balance about 5 months ago. Personally I'll be upgrading to R7 regardless, but I would certainly be pleased if they gave a little something to those of us who have supported their venture into hardware.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-26, 01:57

I third that emotion.
I've been there every step of the way and bought every upgrade and rushed to get Balance as soon as it came out. I even paid more than most for Reason 6 rather than as little as possible like so many people.
Why not have a stepped pricing plan with Reason 6.5 owners paying slightly less? £79 would make a big difference to us and not too much of a dent in the profit margin.
I know we all want more for less but...
Old 2013-03-26, 02:41

Yeah I think it's more of a desire to feel directly appreciated. Many of us show our appreciation to the props quite regularly around these forums, but specific subsets of users (like those of us who bought all their products, hardware, etc.) don't often get a direct "thank you" in some tangible way.

I'm getting R7 regardless, but a little appreciation goes a long way. Just ask anyone who's ever been in a relationship with another human being.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-03-26, 07:11

Yea me too!! I supported them since Reason 2.5 i deserve Reason 7. Come on Props! i've even beta tested. I deserve it for free

Whats that?

You need to feed too?

No you dont GIMME REASON 7 FREE NOOOOW!!

¬_¬

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2013-03-26, 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqA View Post
Some great deals out there for the upgrade to 7 but what about someone that has forked out good money already for both Reason 5 and Record 5, upgraded to 6 then bought Balance a year later?
So you didn't do the free upgrade with Balance?
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...48&postcount=1
Old 2013-03-26, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqA View Post
Some great deals out there for the upgrade to 7 but what about someone that has forked out good money already for both Reason 5 and Record 5, upgraded to 6 then bought Balance a year later? I want Reason 7 and can't wait to make use of all the well needed new features especially group tracks and the analyzer for me, guess i'll have to wait awhile to upgrade, our 4 month old needs to eat. Maybe i should sell balance.
Sadly ,
MarqA
waa waaa waaaa. get over yourself and quit clogging up the forum with your babyish cries for 'appreciation.' one day, when you run your own business, you will understand.
Old 2013-03-26, 15:32

Hate to play devil's advocate here but... every single person who was on a previous version of Reason when 6.0 was released was thanked already: you were given the option to pay what you want. They even offered Pulsar for free at that time, and as an added bonus Softube gave away their Saturation Knob for free.

If you missed that opportunity, then that sucks for you - but the hubris of people to think that they are continually owed a "thank you" in some sort of way is extremely tiring.

I still think $129 is a drop in the bucket to pay for all of the additional features that 7.0 brings. If they were offered piece by piece using the RE price model, then it would be $26 for each of the new 5 major features by themselves, still a tantalizing deal. And there's more than just 5 new features!

I know we all want the best bang for our buck, but come on...
Old 2013-03-26, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post

I know we all want the best bang for our buck, but come on...
That's one view which is fair enough.

I have a different one.

Upgrade from any previous version prior to 6

$169 or 149 eur.

Upgrade from 6

$129 or 129 eur.

It raises a couple of questions, we know that the Props are in business to make money so don't you think PWYW had something to do with getting as many in a position to take part in the new market called Rack Extensions? There is another point there too, it was only a limited offer that ran for a short time. Not everyone currently on V6 benefitted from it.

The upgrade price while not overly expensive is still favouring lapsed upgraders more than it does users of the current latest version. Clearly. Many companies favour current users by nearly 50% over users of previous versions as an incentive to get people to stay on the upgrade path with the latest and greates.

The other more obvious feature of the pricing structure (and yes, we all know that EU purchases are subject to taxes, thanks for the reminder) why the difference of $20 on the old price and straight $'s for euro on the new one?

Taxes are a percentage they don't get applied on an exponential scale so how come $129 = 129 eur and $169 = 149 eur given the tax amount is the same. There's a few euros going in favour of the Props on that given exchange rate for every purchase made in the EU. So there's an RRP then there's some kind of weird exchange rate thing going on in the Prop shop.

Props can charge what they like of course it just seems there's a few quirks with this particular pricing structure which make me scratch my head a little.

I'll be able to buy it in the UK from a store on day one at it's RRP for £99 which is a big saving over the euro price from the Prop shop which weighs in at £113 which is a bit baffling as they will have had to have put it in a box with some DVD/s, sell it to a distributor at significantly less so they in turn can sell it to a dealer. Yet cut out all that garbage and buy direct from the store and they want £13 over and above the RRP. So even if you add the 5% extra tax over the UK inlusive vat rate of 20% on the £99 price that still leaves the best part of a £10 premium for buying online!

Go figure.

Last edited by Ostermilk; 2013-03-26 at 18:48.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:40

Reason 7 upgrade doesn't come with an ignition key and the EUR price is subject to VAT at 25% not 20%!

Last edited by n0ahg; 2013-03-26 at 19:27.