Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2013-03-26, 08:32

Lightbulb Reduce Rack Device and/or SSL Channel Clutter

Much like the "Reduce Cable Clutter" option we get on the back of the rack (which makes all other cables opaque and makes it easier to focus)...

I would love to see a "focus in on...SSL channel or rack device" in which all channels or all other devices besides the one you have selected, would be made opaque.

Sometimes staring at a screen full of SSL channels can be a headache when you are trying to focus in on one in particular. I suppose simply selecting the channel or device does a decent job by placing a blue border around it, but I think it could be easier on the eyes with this option.

It might be tricky for the Rack (not sure how things would work across different devices)? But perhaps it could at least be used for the mixer?

Thoughts?
Old 2013-03-26, 23:26

I see your point but do not totally agree with it. However I can understand the need for it in large projects so let's meet halfway and let such a function be "switchable" (ie: you decide if you want it or not). :-)
Old 2013-03-26, 23:47

I made a suggestion a couple years back for a multicore & patchbay system so that long cable runs all the way across the rack went neatly down a single loom without having to cover up a gazillion over devices. The idea was poo poo'd back then but I wonder if it's more relevant nowadays with multiple racks?
Old 2013-03-27, 00:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadangermouse View Post
I made a suggestion a couple years back for a multicore & patchbay system so that long cable runs all the way across the rack went neatly down a single loom without having to cover up a gazillion over devices. The idea was poo poo'd back then but I wonder if it's more relevant nowadays with multiple racks?
Brilliant! Seems like now with all the CV toys it would be even more relevant and useful to "loom cables."

Re-earth that feature suggestion and I'll +1 it
Old 2013-03-27, 00:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by efssweden View Post
I see your point but do not totally agree with it. However I can understand the need for it in large projects so let's meet halfway and let such a function be "switchable" (ie: you decide if you want it or not). :-)
Well, of course it would be switchable =)
...which is why I described it as an option and compared it to "Reduce Cable Clutter" (which is also an option).