Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-03-26, 09:59

quantize start or note length

hi there, I'd like to see select boxes for how quantize process events:
I'd love to quantize start point, but keep original note length. likewise, by marking both start and note length boxes, all notes will have equal length.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:01

I thought that using the quantize function already did that (quantized the start point, but left the note duration the same - just shifting it)? I do usually have quantize turned on for recording though, so I may be wrong on that.

I do like the idea of being able to quantize the end of the note though. I wouldn't use it often, although I recall a few times when it was handy back when I used that feature in Digital Performer.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
I thought that using the quantize function already did that (quantized the start point, but left the note duration the same - just shifting it)? I do usually have quantize turned on for recording though, so I may be wrong on that.

I do like the idea of being able to quantize the end of the note though. I wouldn't use it often, although I recall a few times when it was handy back when I used that feature in Digital Performer.
Yes, you're quite right. I should have written "add quantize note length box" by adding the option to quantize duration, you can get the typical step sequencer style, without pattern structure limits. I used Roland JX3P and SH101 together when they came out, and got a mechanical groove, that old old step sequencer are famous for. I believe Vince Clark kept his Roland MC4B for many years in productions, for it's tight clock control over sequencer steps.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:56

+1:
I would find an option to quantize note *length* very useful too!