Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-03-30, 17:46

Rewire with logic 9 and reason latest updates.

Hello!

Im having a latency trouble with logic and reason running in rewire mode. I create an instrument in Reason and then routing the output of the instruments to 3/4 lets say.
Then in logic i create a External Midi and click on the instrument in the reason folder , then i create an aux track with the input of 3/4 to be able to hear the sound. Now i can hear it alright but there is a lag / latency behind, it's very annoying and its hard to play this way.
Does anyone out there know how to resolve this problem i would be very happy if you could share please.

Best
Tony
Old 2013-03-30, 20:51

Cool I actually might have the Answer for you!

Actually, just like Reason and any other program, change your buffe rsize to 512 instead of standard 256. You shouldn't have any lag issues if u change your buffer size. Check your Prefrences then go to Audio and bammm give it a try!

Best regaurds
Nathaniel Waterman @ soundcloud.com/waterkid
Old 2013-03-30, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDJ View Post
Actually, just like Reason and any other program, change your buffe rsize to 512 instead of standard 256. You shouldn't have any lag issues if u change your buffer size. Check your Prefrences then go to Audio and bammm give it a try!

Best regaurds
Nathaniel Waterman @ soundcloud.com/waterkid
I've been having rewire problems with logic since R6 came out ... I would love to get to the bottom of why reason worked so well in R5 with logic .

Now just today ... The CPU hits the roof when I rewire with logic having only 7 tracks in reason ... I'm about to go back to R5 if this keeps up..

I'd love to keep up with these updates ...but my music is more important then new functions I really don't need.
Old 2013-03-31, 20:25

Thnx a lot mate...That helped
God Bless

Best
Tony