Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-01, 19:35

Question What's up with Neptune's pitch CV?

So Neptune has this little unassuming pitch CV out on the back. This seems really awesome because you can theoretically use it to control synths with your voice etc. The only problem is that it hardly ever seems to work. I've had some success with Thor but it always sends the wrong pitch to the other instruments and it doesn't work well with other Neptune devices.

Is there something I don't understand about this feature?If not then this is also a feature request because this would be sooooo awesome if it worked right!
Old 2013-04-01, 21:33

It's bipolar and not in the 0-127 scale. So you have to add a positive DC offset and scale the signal up.

But if you search the Factory Soundbank, there is a combinator that converts it for you. Search for Pitch-CV or something like that.

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-04-02, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloeckno View Post
It's bipolar and not in the 0-127 scale. So you have to add a positive DC offset and scale the signal up.

But if you search the Factory Soundbank, there is a combinator that converts it for you. Search for Pitch-CV or something like that.
I can't find that, but I did just pick up Peff's converter:

http://www.peff.com/journal/2010/08/...-cvgate-combi/

That'll probably do the trick.