Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-03, 16:17

Balance channel level issue

Hi,

Just bought Propellerhead Balance to use as a recording interface for my studio PC (Win7). I'm not using Reason. I have installed the latest driver (1.1.0).

Everything works like a charm, except that I get a signal into the computer, even when the channel level buttons are turned all the way down. (And no, I'm not talking about Direct Monitoring.) This happens regardless of whether I'm using mic or guitar. The signal gets louder if twist the button, but again, I can never get it to zero.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!
/Johan
Old 2013-04-03, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signert View Post
Hi,

Just bought Propellerhead Balance to use as a recording interface for my studio PC (Win7). I'm not using Reason. I have installed the latest driver (1.1.0).

Everything works like a charm, except that I get a signal into the computer, even when the channel level buttons are turned all the way down. (And no, I'm not talking about Direct Monitoring.) This happens regardless of whether I'm using mic or guitar. The signal gets louder if twist the button, but again, I can never get it to zero.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance!
/Johan
Neither, this is an input gain trim control, not a fader that fades out to silence. It is assumed you will set levels with this and leave it, which is why it's stepped and not smooth (and doesn't go all the way off). :-)
USA
Old 2013-04-03, 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
Neither, this is an input gain trim control, not a fader that fades out to silence. It is assumed you will set levels with this and leave it, which is why it's stepped and not smooth (and doesn't go all the way off). :-)
Thanks! Guess I'm used to having all inputs via a mixer.