Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-07, 23:14

Progressive Metal - all synths

Hey guys,

I recently released a progressive metal EP under the name Force Carrier, produced entirely with Reason 4. I designed most of the sounds using instances of Thor, so nothing was recorded; it's pure synth (and effects) - albeit similar in sound to guitars and drums.

Force Carrier on:
YouTube
BandCamp
Facebook

If anyone knows of any other metal-ish artists using only synths, please let know.

Cheers!
Old 2013-04-08, 11:25

Hi

This is just fascinating. I made a Metal EP back in the 90's using synths myself so I have some sense of where you are coming from.

Over on YouTube I listened to Particle Playground which is strange. Just strange. It is sort of Metal but sort of Nintendo. The Energy Of Emptiness is more of a normal piece. Dawn Of Immortality, back to odd again. This is like stepping back to some early electronic bands who really pushed the envelope in the late 70's/early 80's, perhaps Neon Judgement, Suicide and the like.

I think it a great shame that the vocals are missing as a song can't be judged without, as there is a gaping hole.

All up I'm gonna say well done for this overall as you have done something that in some ways fails so spectacularly that you have pretty well made a whole other thing. Duran Duran did that so be happy.

Put the vocals on and let me know so I can listen again.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2013-04-08, 18:22

I listened to the whole EP on YouTube. I like what you're up to. Nice and clean mixes too. I'm really fascinated with music that uses synths to replace real instruments. I'd be really interested to hear your philosophy when it comes to using synths instead guitars.
Old 2013-04-08, 21:42

Hi there,

Good stuff! I love it when people think out of the box using Reason.

I myself try to make a little rock music using Reason and a keyboard and released my first cd a couple of years ago on Itunes, amazon, bandcamp and what have you...just for fun.

http://tinyurl.com/tyberium

More info on my website.