Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-09, 05:10

Taking a picture of Reason screen

How can I take a photo of the Reason screen and save it on the computer so I can send via e-mail or what ever?
Old 2013-04-09, 05:31

Hi there. in win7 theres a great little thing called SNIPPING TOOL. look for it from your start menu search. No need for using photo editing programs with this tool
Old 2013-04-09, 05:40

Wow, cool Thanks.
Old 2013-04-09, 06:45

"Print Screen" will put an image format of your screen in the clip board (like copy) at which point you can paste it into any software that supports image formats.

"Print Screen" varies by manufacturer... in my computer, there's a dedicated Fn (Function) button for it (labelled "Prt Sc")

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-04-09, 11:25

On a Mac; shift + cmd + 3, to take a .png picture of the screen, shift + cmd + 4, to take a cropped picture. Just in case anyone needed to know.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvil View Post
On a Mac; shift + cmd + 3, to take a .png picture of the screen, shift + cmd + 4, to take a cropped picture. Just in case anyone needed to know.
Additionally, after hitting shift-cmd-4, pressing the space bar will put the clipping tool into "window" mode; select a window and it'll take a picture of that window. With a drop shadow. It inflates the filesize and I'm not sure how to turn it off, but it looks cool.
Old 2013-04-09, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHWood View Post
Additionally, after hitting shift-cmd-4, pressing the space bar will put the clipping tool into "window" mode; select a window and it'll take a picture of that window. With a drop shadow. It inflates the filesize and I'm not sure how to turn it off, but it looks cool.
I didn't know that, very useful. I don't get a shadow, though.
Old 2013-04-10, 04:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHWood View Post
That's awesome, I didn't know that either and I've been using the Mac since day 1. Nice!

Here's another tweak... COMMAND-SHIFT-CONTROL-4 will allow you to make a clipping of any arbitrary screen area and save it to the clipboard WITHOUT making a file. Great for quickly pasting into Skype, an email, Messages, Word, etc.

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…

Last edited by vanKloot; 2013-04-10 at 07:05.
Old 2013-04-09, 11:39

Hi David

if your using a PC,using the snipping tool in accessories,save that as a Jpeg
Old 2013-04-09, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
How can I take a photo of the Reason screen and save it on the computer so I can send via e-mail or what ever?
On Windows you can use print screen to make a screensot of your entire screen, and if you use alt-printscreen it will only snap the currently active window.

As for processing and such I've become a very big fan of IrfanView for that, its free and also very extensive. From simply cutting up a picture right down to blurring certain sections which you don't want to share ;-)

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info