Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-04-30, 17:09

Exclamation Timestreching question

Hi, I have a question:
Timestreching is a cool thing but sometimes I do not know how do handle loops.
E.G. I have a song which is about 80 bpm and I want to insert a wav audio file (looped drum e.g.) which has 120 bpm. After inserted to reason the file sounds like my song is 120 bpm but it is not (it is still 80 bpm).
How can I load a different bpm sound file into reason and change it to the right time like REX-Musikinstrument is doing this automatically?

hope everyone understands me correctly.

thanks.
Old 2013-04-30, 17:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfox View Post
Hi, I have a question:
Timestreching is a cool thing but sometimes I do not know how do handle loops.
E.G. I have a song which is about 80 bpm and I want to insert a wav audio file (looped drum e.g.) which has 120 bpm. After inserted to reason the file sounds like my song is 120 bpm but it is not (it is still 80 bpm).
How can I load a different bpm sound file into reason and change it to the right time like REX-Musikinstrument is doing this automatically?

hope everyone understands me correctly.

thanks.
If you already know the tempo of your loop, change your song project file to the same tempo before importing the audio. Once it is imported, change your project back to the desired tempo. Of course, if there is tempo data embedded in the file that Reason can read, it will automatically change the tempo of the audio to match your project.
Old 2013-04-30, 17:17

Set your file tempo at the tempo of the file you want to import. Import the file and change the tempo back to it's original. Voila
Old 2013-05-02, 09:44

Timestreching

Thanks, I figured that out but I have some samples with no tempo information. So there is no way how to solve this problem with ease? Mmmh does anyone has an idea how to figure out the tempo if there is no tempo information in a file? On easy drumbeat it is no problem but soundscapes and drones are difficulty to find out if the tempo is an important information.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:47

Just place the start of the sample where you want it and then use the stretch handles on the audio clip to drag the clip in time
Old 2013-05-02, 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifunk View Post
Just place the start of the sample where you want it and then use the stretch handles on the audio clip to drag the clip in time

Using the metronome helps with keeping the beat too,handy if you have no tempo info in your audio file
Old 2013-05-02, 11:55

Thats quite a tempo change for a transient based audio.
I'd personally prefer to chop it into a rex loop and manipulate from there.
But of course these fine gentlemen are right too.

Different ways to skin a cat and all that

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-05-02, 14:04

Try this link --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWwC...263D87CD4601CD

Very usefull & informative video.
If you combine using Blocks with these methods,the potential increases in simplicity or complexity.
Hope this helps.

--------------LUCEO-NON-URO---------------