Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-03, 23:19

Thumbs up Reason 7's spectrum EQ is amazing.

Fantastic addition. I just played with it for a second and being able to see it as it plays really helps. Get the program. Its worth the upgrade. I am going to rereleased a recently finished song once I run it through the new spectrum EQ tonight.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:25

I agree rvolt,its a very welcome addition

As it visually confirms what you are listening too as well.

What is great is the drop down window,so you can access all your tracks from one position,for fast tweaks,lol
Old 2013-05-04, 00:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGardener View Post
I agree rvolt,its a very welcome addition

As it visually confirms what you are listening too as well.

What is great is the drop down window,so you can access all your tracks from one position,for fast tweaks,lol
Yeah. Centralizing all your EQ needs in a small area like that makes it much faster and easier than using the mclass eq and the mixers. They should work on enhancing it for advanced features, but its extremely well done imo.
Old 2013-05-04, 00:36

I heard someone in a video saying how great the spectrum is too..they were saying they hardly ever touched to EQ on the SSL before. I have to agree, I never really used it but I cant leave the mixer alone now and am getting to see what a fantastic piece of kit it is in its own right.
If you are unsure about upgrading parallel, busing and the spectrum makes the SSL come to life....and it is amazing!
Old 2013-05-04, 00:43

I agree. It's an outstanding feature.
Old 2013-05-04, 00:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebot View Post
I heard someone in a video saying how great the spectrum is too..they were saying they hardly ever touched to EQ on the SSL before.
Indeed. The best thing about spectrum analyzer is its tight integration into the SSL mixer. I would like it less when I had to add it as separate RE (or whatever) to the buss.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:13

spectrum window, bus channels, parallel channels, make the upgrade worth it, the audiomatic? it's okay and fun, but those other features way outweigh it.
Old 2013-05-04, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebot View Post
I heard someone in a video saying how great the spectrum is too..they were saying they hardly ever touched to EQ on the SSL before. I have to agree, I never really used it but I cant leave the mixer alone now and am getting to see what a fantastic piece of kit it is in its own right.
If you are unsure about upgrading parallel, busing and the spectrum makes the SSL come to life....and it is amazing!
I'm liking the option to EQ from a central location as much as any other aspect of the new feature. I'm practically riding the F2 button when mixing now, because I can bring up the EQ on any channel with a single key. But I still find the knobs very useful as an alternative interface, and find myself using them almost as much as the SEQ, if just to keep things interesting and less repetitive. ;-)

I guess the takeaway for the person in the video is the old cliche: "don't judge a book by it's cover"!

:-)
USA
Old 2013-05-04, 02:15

Now all that's needed is a master EQ for the SSL, although I can't remember the last time I EQ'd my master instead of adjusting individual channels.
Old 2013-05-04, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesis View Post
Now all that's needed is a master EQ for the SSL, although I can't remember the last time I EQ'd my master instead of adjusting individual channels.
Well, there's this one, though I suppose not intrinsically part of the SSL.