Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-05-04, 14:58

is there a way to route kong so i can play different notes?

hello,

i was wondering..

example, i want to make my own 808 kick and snare trap style so i need to play it as a piano roll..

bless
Old 2013-05-04, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofproductions View Post
hello,

i was wondering..

example, i want to make my own 808 kick and snare trap style so i need to play it as a piano roll..

bless
You could meddle around with the pitch, but that's not very practical. So the best option here is to sample it and put it in an NN-19 as a standalone sample.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-05-04, 15:08

If I ever have a pitched 808 bass drum, its on its own track/channel/device. Its always an NNXT or thor etc but never a Kong. Kong doesnt have the right sort of design for that "pitching". It can probably handle the snare roll though, with a little "pitch range" adjustment. (But you'd have to turn PR down on other sounds in the Kong that you don't want to pitch.)

Use a different device and channel for long, pitched 808 kicks. I wholeheartedly recommend that method. This makes it so much easier to mix, further down line.
Old 2013-05-04, 15:50

Thumbs up Yes

I would agree with everything that the others have said in this thread. It is VERY important to remember that you have different percussion/rhythm devices for different needs. Personally, I tend to load most of my drum sounds into the NN-19 as standalone samples for easy manipulation, but will also stray into Kong territory when I want to synthesize a sound with one of Kong's algorithms, for instance. For me, the Redrum has fallen into disuse, but that is just my current phase, I'm sure there will come a day when I will bring an instance of Redrum back on the table and sequence some old school jams. This is a key element to understanding Reason - No instrument is necessarily better than any other, you just want to be sensitive to the sounds that each instrument can produce, and the control factors available on their respective interfaces. Be easy with that urge to think some part of your arsenal is BETTER and NEEDS to be used!
Keep on Truckin', Guys & Girls... i5 2.5 GHz Spring 2011 iMac with 4GB RAM & (My Rack Extensions): ABL2 Bass Synthesizer, AutoArp, RE-2A Leveling Amplifier, HM1 Headphone Monitor Correction, DCAM BusComp, DCAM EnvShaper, Etch Red Dual Filter, Morfin XF Crossfader, Mesher-4K - CV Knobs Mix Panel, Ozone Maximizer, Charlotte Envelope Generator, AMMO BR1200 Modulation Synthesizer, REQ131 31 Band EQ, Audio to CV, Neutron Particle Emitter, CV Tuner, Probability Drum Trigger, A-Series 1 Modular Synth, A-Series 2 Modular Synth, Buffre Beat Repeater, Spacre Blank Plate, Crapre Cassette Recorder Audio Processor, PX7 FM Synthesizer, Audiomatic Retro Transformer, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Pulsar Dual LFO, Radical Keys, Radical Piano, Synchronous Effect Modulator, CV Suite Line Mixer, CV Suite Line Processor, CV Suite Parametrix, Stereo Splitter, Peak Programme Meter, RE 200 Bass Enhancer, RE 202 Exciter, PredatorRE Instrument, SubBoomBassRE Instrument, ReMark Rack Divider, Softube Saturation Knob, Synapse DC-2 Dual Chorus, Synapse Antidote Synthesizer, Randrome Audio and CV Randomized Gate, CMD:Equation Math Module, Truth Logic Gate, Now, Uhbik F, Uhbik G, Uhbik S, Renoun Reverb, Yoko Band-Splitter.

Please - Check out FREE Music!

http://www.standbyghost.org/

Peace!
Old 2013-05-04, 19:55

Ai thanks guys!!
sorry didn't see the replies, but yea i thought so.. personally i make my 808's with massive at the moment.. gonna chek thor for sure!
but i would love do do some kong fun drum synths en be able to play them in note without any quality loss.. to bad

bless up!
Old 2013-05-04, 20:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofproductions View Post
Ai thanks guys!!
sorry didn't see the replies, but yea i thought so.. personally i make my 808's with massive at the moment.. gonna chek thor for sure!
but i would love do do some kong fun drum synths en be able to play them in note without any quality loss.. to bad

bless up!
You technically can play notes/lines on Kong but it's a 'brute force' solution. You must load the same sample into multiple pads (you can copy/paste pads here), and tune each sample/pad to one of the notes you need to play, and you only have ± 1 octave of tuning. :-)
USA