Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-14, 17:26

HELP!!! Audio drop out with Balance

I have searched and searched and cannot find a solution to this problem. I friend of mine recently got into Ableton Live (8.1.4 - I know its old, and recommended an upgrade). The issue is she is using the Reason Balance audio interface and during recording/playback there is a frequent audio drop out, this does show in recordings not just while monitoring. We have checked and changed buffer settings, reinstalled drivers and nothing is working. Her system is -

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six Core Processor @ 3.30 GHz
16GB Ripjaw DDR3 Ram 1600 Mhz
64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard
GeFore GTX560 GPU

She was using a skimpy USB cable, got a thicker, shielded cable, problem still existed (using either or USB 2.0 or 3.0), she also got a pci USB card, installed and problem still persists. We're at the end of our ropes here, anyone else have these issues or an idea of how to solve it?

Just a note, this problem is not exclusive to using Live, the problem persists with any audio playback including iTunes and YouTube.