Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-15, 14:52

Drum Files with Reason 7

The Reason 7 upgrade comes with several drum kit samples. I'm not sure where to put these on my PC so Reason can see them easily. What's the best way to handle these?
Old 2013-05-15, 15:26

Aren't all the sounds in the factory sound bank?
Old 2013-05-15, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dz View Post
Aren't all the sounds in the factory sound bank?
Well, I'm not clear on that. I have the 2 new factory sound banks installed. But the samples were a different folder, leading me to believe they are not in that soundbank. Also, one of the instruction files said you'd have to copy the drum files over separately to your hard drive to use them. (You may not want ALL of them - or at least not all at once). Maybe someone else knows a bit more.
Old 2013-05-15, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM75 View Post
Well, I'm not clear on that. I have the 2 new factory sound banks installed. But the samples were a different folder, leading me to believe they are not in that soundbank. Also, one of the instruction files said you'd have to copy the drum files over separately to your hard drive to use them. (You may not want ALL of them - or at least not all at once). Maybe someone else knows a bit more.
Wait what? There are two soundbanks, ONE Factory Soundbank and ONE Orkester Soundbank. These come standard with Reason and are installed in the Reason application folder. What instruction files are you talking about? Can you point us to the place where you found them?
Old 2013-05-15, 15:41

Sorry im lost. I never saw any of that. I just installed the update onto r6.5 and there was just the standard 2 soundbanks reason usually has. Could you provide a little more info on what you mean?
Old 2013-05-15, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dz View Post
Sorry im lost. I never saw any of that. I just installed the update onto r6.5 and there was just the standard 2 soundbanks reason usually has. Could you provide a little more info on what you mean?
On the Reason 7 disc were the two factory sound banks which contain new stuff for Reason 7. In addition were several other files with other refills plus a file with drum sounds on them. I'm not at that computer right now to tell which document file said to copy the drum files separately... but I do remember seeing it in one of them. I think it was on one of the "read me" files on the disc.

Unless I completely misunderstood something, I believe you have to copy the new soundbanks over to your harddrive separately from the intall. But, I might be wrong about that. I've read conflicting info on exactly how that happens. Maybe the install does put them on automatically, but if so, I didn't see it when I installed the upgrade.