Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-17, 21:20

Wink Kong Should Stand Taller

Lovin the New 7 - Have always dug Kong BUT it Can only stand taller with it's own RUN button for the ultimate drum programmer's dream alongside Redrum and Dr Rex - How about it guys?
Old 2013-05-17, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jereb View Post
Lovin the New 7 - Have always dug Kong BUT it Can only stand taller with it's own RUN button for the ultimate drum programmer's dream alongside Redrum and Dr Rex - How about it guys?
Rudimentary, cluttering. You can use the CV outs on Redrum to trigger Kong, so why would you need this? Furthermore, Kong really shines with the normal sequencer, because then you can use velocity and such.

Now if they would improve the sequencer a bit so that it's a bit more friendly towards electronic musicians (hint, steptime programming), that would be an idea.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-05-19, 01:09

I second the request, even though I know about the power of chaining matrix pattern sequencers, rpg-8's or the redrum to the pads of the kong. Each of those has their pros and cons. Having the Run/Enable Pattern/Sequencer section for the Kong that is a collapsible window so that it doesnt clutter up the view for folks who dont want to use it in that fashion is something I think would be an ok compromise there.
Old 2013-05-19, 03:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayniac View Post
I second the request, even though I know about the power of chaining matrix pattern sequencers, rpg-8's or the redrum to the pads of the kong. Each of those has their pros and cons. Having the Run/Enable Pattern/Sequencer section for the Kong that is a collapsible window so that it doesnt clutter up the view for folks who dont want to use it in that fashion is something I think would be an ok compromise there.
A run button doesn't do anything. You will have to include some sort of sequencer. So how is this sequencer going to add anything other than what's already available? Nothing. I think you guys are just too lazy to either use the sequencer, or a Redrum.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-05-19, 16:43

"A run button doesn't do anything. You will have to include some sort of sequencer."

hmmmmm,thought that was addressed here:
"Having the Run/Enable Pattern/Sequencer section for the Kong"

" I think you guys are just too lazy to either use the sequencer, or a Redrum."
No need to get aggressive. They asked for ppl to toss out feature request ideas. That's how the thread came to life. It's up to the Propellerhead folk to determine what will or will not make it in at some point in the future. It's not really your job to go through all the threads and stomp the life out of the ideas that you don't like. The propellerheads are grown ups and able to determine what will work with their projected software dev roadmap.

As stated previously, there are definitely pros and cons using the redrum piped into the Kong, Same with the Matrix or the rpg8, or hell, even just making different note lanes per pad and editing in the sequencer there. I'm very new to Reason and the one thing that attracted me to it was the relative ease of use. That's what adding a run/sequencer (again, collapsible window so those who don't want to use it that way don't have to and it doesn't clutter their view) is all about imho.

Honestly though, there are more pressing areas of development needed from what I can tell so doubt this request would be worthy of attention at this point anyways. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers Phasys.