Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-27, 23:23

Record button not staying on

I know this is a no brainer for most but I've been fussing with this problem all day long.
I'm using Reason 7.0.1
Line 6 XT Live

The guitar shows on the meter for the IN
When I press the RECORD button it counts off and as soon as the PRE count is over the RECORD disengages.

Could someone please give me an answer or direct me to a previous thread. The answer would be preferable.

Joe/Neil
Old 2013-05-27, 23:31

Hi

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

On the sequencer F7 view with your audio channel are the 2 red parameter automation (record enable) icons switched on?
It's difficult to come up with an answer without all the info..! A screenshot might help.
Anyway check this out and come back and let us know how you're getting on

Matt
Old 2013-05-27, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETalk View Post
Hi

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

On the sequencer F7 view with your audio channel are the 2 red parameter automation (record enable) icons switched on?
It's difficult to come up with an answer without all the info..! A screenshot might help.
Anyway check this out and come back and let us know how you're getting on

Matt
Yes, both buttons are selected and red. How do I attach a screen shot of the Audio 2 F7 view to show you.
Old 2013-05-28, 00:29

Let me try to give more information
• The guitar using Line 6 is showing on the Transport input meter. Looks and sounds good.
• On the "Audio Track" I have INPUT 1 selected for IN (although the guitar does not show on this meter).
• All other Tracks whether Audio or Midi do the same thing. I press record, Pre starts with record button RED and when PRE is over RECORD button goes off while the play continues. My point is that it doesn't matter whether it's my input guitar or a Midi instrument. everything plays and looks normal but I can't get Record to stay on after the Pre.

• At the top of the F7 sequencer I've tried setting MANUAL REC (on and off, it turns green when on) doesn't help

Can you ask me other questions that might trigger the answer.
I watched a video for beginners and it really was very easy and I seemed to be doing everything the tutorial was showing.

As always I'm sure it's simple answer. I just don't have it right now.

Last edited by photocg; 2013-05-28 at 00:35.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:36

Not only will my RECORD not hold.
But I've noticed that my loop will not stay (blue). I can click on it but it will not maintain a loop.
Old 2013-05-28, 01:38

I re-downloaded REASON 7.0.1 and reinstalled. Did not change anything.