Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-05-30, 13:48

does reason 5 have an ignition key

I want to buy a 2nd hand Reason 5, no card and Im also told that there is no ignition key with this product. The product has a licence number, Any advise is appreciated..
Old 2013-05-30, 13:52
Banned

No it's doesn't!
Old 2013-05-30, 14:01

Thanks for your response, I told the seller to forward the licence number so that I can check it out first but on the registration site, Im being told that without an ignition key, I must always be connected to the internet before use. Could this be an error on the part of Propellerhead because I thought this is strange. I am also being asked for a registration code.
Read this:
This page authorizes your user account to run Reason 5 with Internet Verification. This option should be considered a temporary or emergency method. It requires you to be connected to the internet, every time you run the progam. We recommend that you also authorize your Propellerhead Ignition Key as soon as you have it available.
Old 2013-05-30, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by modobo View Post
Thanks for your response, I told the seller to forward the licence number so that I can check it out first but on the registration site, Im being told that without an ignition key, I must always be connected to the internet before use. Could this be an error on the part of Propellerhead because I thought this is strange. I am also being asked for a registration code.
Read this:
This page authorizes your user account to run Reason 5 with Internet Verification. This option should be considered a temporary or emergency method. It requires you to be connected to the internet, every time you run the progam. We recommend that you also authorize your Propellerhead Ignition Key as soon as you have it available.
Is it tied to a Record account? Record needs an ignition key.
Ignition keys are only $40 from the Propellerheads' store in any case.
Old 2013-05-30, 15:40

No it is not tied to Record, I think its Propellerhead just playing up again, in past times I dont think we needed to be connected to the internet to run Reason 5