Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-06-13, 06:27

Dr.Octo Rex.

Hi Guys , Is there any way to rout the 8 channels of Dr.Octo Rex separately to the mixer ? I have search youtube on this subject but there is non. And I've also try everything I can to do this but it's not possible. So I end up using 8 Dr Octo Rex loop player to get 8 samples to the mix, is there any other way around this ?
Old 2013-06-13, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDLester View Post
Hi Guys , Is there any way to rout the 8 channels of Dr.Octo Rex separately to the mixer ? I have search youtube on this subject but there is non. And I've also try everything I can to do this but it's not possible. So I end up using 8 Dr Octo Rex loop player to get 8 samples to the mix, is there any other way around this ?
You can only play one loop in the Octorex at any given time.

There are different outputs on the back of the Octorex which you can use to send certain slices to one output and certain slices to another output, which is a nice feature, but not what you want.

So in short, the answer is no, you cannot use 1 Octorex with 8 loops and route them to different outputs.

You have to realize that Octorex doesn't have 8 "channels" but it contains 8 loops and can only play 1 loop (or part of it) at any given time.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-06-13, 14:36

If you want to play 8 loops at the same time with individual outs, you're better off using Kong.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:53

Have a good look at directre, you can do this and a lot more, but you have to use several instances ofdr Octo rex