Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2013-06-13, 22:24

95% Reason and 5% ableton Remix of Sasha Gradiva's single, Come With Us

Loading SoundCloud…

This is a Gemini Tactics remix of the new single, "Come With Us," by Sasha Gradiva. There will be 2 different versions released under the Gemini Tactics name, this first one is by Pollux, and it possesses an etherial-dubstep vibe. Castor will be releasing his mix in a couple days, expect a sick new disco style from him.

If you enjoy her music and are interested in checking out her tour dates you can locate them at, www.sashagradiva.com.

Big ups to Sasha Gradiva and Craig Mitchell for the opportunity to listen to, work with, and create such great music.

You can locate more of our music at our Gemini Tactics Souncloud page...or just click this
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2013-06-14, 00:34

i just browsed some other remixes of this. yours sounds a little wooly by comparison. also, is there another singer on this? it sounds dead like Andrea Corr.
Old 2013-06-14, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslick View Post
i just browsed some other remixes of this. yours sounds a little wooly by comparison. also, is there another singer on this? it sounds dead like Andrea Corr.
You should have heard the stems I was working with. Typically upon receiving a package of "raw" stems one would think, "Ok! Bare bones stems here, no FX and no groove!" This was not the case (the groove on the vocals made it near impossible to fit with a standard 4x4, and since it was ALREADY a house/pop/dance song I decided to take it down another route and make an etherial/melodic piece. The only piece of the original that was used was a few snippets of the vocals (all of the other sounds were designed from scratch...no presets..and the melodies were totally 100% original), and there was no other singer, I was experimenting with transposing the vox clips by fifths to make an eerie effect a la The Knife.

Anyway, much thanks for the input...it is very appreciated
Old 2013-06-14, 12:29

that is pretty amazing. The mix sounds good. I never heard of shasha gradiva so I looked her up and it seems remixing this song is a trendy thing to do, what with so many out there.
But what you did with the vocal is kind of scary. I am hearing more of this kind of trans morphing of vocals now on main stream radio. What you did is a positive thing even if it makes her sound like someone else, compared to others I’ve heard, where it’s just a show off of the tech.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:25

http://youtu.be/rNloolTI-ms love the music check me out up close and personal