Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-06-18, 20:37
beatmincer's Avatar
beatmincer beatmincer is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 324
Reason + Re bargain sale

Hi,

I would like to sell or trade my copy of Reason 6.5 + 17 of the best Re:s from Propellerhead's online shop.

The purchase value of the included 17 Re:s is 745 EUR. They include the best Re synths plus some of the best Re effects for Reason.

I am asking 650 EUR for all of it (Reason 6.5 + Re:s).

The price if these items were bought separately would be approx 1050 EUR.

License will be transferred as per Propellerhead established way of doing so.

Included Licenses
---------------
Reason 6.5 (value approx 305 EUR). Upgrading to 7.0 is relatively cheap.


List of included Re:s (value 745 EUR)
-----------------
Synapse Antidote 119 EUR
Polysix 39 EUR
PX7 FM Synthesizer 79 EUR
PredatorRE Instrument 99 EUR
Softube FET Compressor 119 EUR
Uhbik A 32 EUR
Buffre Beat Repeater 69 EUR
Directre Audio Router 12 EUR
Etch Red Dual Filter 39 EUR
Pulsar 39 EUR
Resampler 19 EUR
Morfin XF Crossfader free
Shelob Audio Bypass Splitter 7.50 EUR
Stereo Splitter 7.50 EUR
Softube Saturation Knob 25 EUR
Bitspeek 39 EUR
Echobode Frequency Shifter 32 EUR

Cheers,

Beatmincer
  #2  
Old 2013-06-18, 20:45
Exowildebeest Exowildebeest is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,767
You trollin'?

Because surely you know RE's can't be resold. If this is posted to get a response by PH on this issue... then... good luck.
  #3  
Old 2013-06-18, 20:53
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exowildebeest View Post
You trollin'?

Because surely you know RE's can't be resold. If this is posted to get a response by PH on this issue... then... good luck.
I think he's putting them on trial. It was just a matter of time before someone did it.
__________________
"Having unlimited choices can paralyze you creatively." - David Byrne

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
  #4  
Old 2013-06-19, 01:30
beatmincer's Avatar
beatmincer beatmincer is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 324
I am selling my Reason license with the artached Re:s. This is perfectly OK with Propellerhead and in line with the EULA.
  #5  
Old 2013-06-19, 06:37
SteveDiverse's Avatar
SteveDiverse SteveDiverse is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmincer View Post
I am selling my Reason license with the artached Re:s. This is perfectly OK with Propellerhead and in line with the EULA.
http://www.propellerheads.se/support...rackextensions
__________________

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
  #6  
Old 2013-06-19, 07:10
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmincer View Post
I am selling my Reason license with the artached Re:s. This is perfectly OK with Propellerhead and in line with the EULA.
The EULA states otherwise:

https://www.propellerheads.se/agreem...y-product-eula

which is an epic PITA. I hope they review their policy on RE licence transferability very soon.
  #7  
Old 2013-06-19, 07:44
SteveDiverse's Avatar
SteveDiverse SteveDiverse is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
The EULA states otherwise:

https://www.propellerheads.se/agreem...y-product-eula

which is an epic PITA. I hope they review their policy on RE licence transferability very soon.
Not that I disagree, but from a legal perspective, I'd probably implement the same model.

Software is a weird beast.

When you "buy" software, you don't actually buy the software - you don't buy the source code... you buy a license to run an executable that's generated from the source code. The source code itself is still owned by the developer.

It gets tricky when a company (i.e. Props) creates a shop to sell licenses to run executable versions of software generated from code that's owned by another party.
__________________

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
  #8  
Old 2013-06-19, 11:01
beatmincer's Avatar
beatmincer beatmincer is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exowildebeest View Post
You trollin'?

Because surely you know RE's can't be resold. If this is posted to get a response by PH on this issue... then... good luck.
Re:s are (at least according to Propellerhead EULA) an extension of the Reason license. Transferring the Reason license thus means also transferring the right to the Re:s I have bought from Propellerhead via their own web shop.
  #9  
Old 2013-06-19, 11:27
reasoner498's Avatar
reasoner498 reasoner498 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatmincer View Post
Re:s are (at least according to Propellerhead EULA) an extension of the Reason license. Transferring the Reason license thus means also transferring the right to the Re:s I have bought from Propellerhead via their own web shop.
It clearly says in the RE EULA point #3 that you can't transfer the license.
  #10  
Old 2013-06-19, 11:34
zeebot's Avatar
zeebot zeebot is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoner498 View Post
It clearly says in the RE EULA point #3 that you can't transfer the license.

Which means you cannot sell RE licences. This has been made absolutely clear since day zero and nothing has changed...bit of a pisser but themz the roolz.
__________________
Loading SoundCloud…
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why did i buy record?????!!!!!*$ Mathmatech General Forum (read only) 131 2013-01-14 17:02
For Sale: Propellerhead Reason 6, 5, 4, 3, 2.5, Record 1.5, Record, Reload marcus1 Phead User Forum (read only) 9 2011-11-09 22:48
Reason 5 is good, but... Espejo Phead User Forum (read only) 47 2011-05-10 08:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:22.