Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-06-19, 18:01

Export Quality in Reason 6

What's up with the Reason 6 export quality? I just want to export as an audio file into iTunes but the sound quality is significantly worse! My mix sounds great within the reason interface but when I go to export and I open it up in another media player, it sounds bassy, muffled, and basically ruined. Dynamics are lost and it sounds flat. Anybody know how to fix this?? I want it sounding as good as it did in Reason when I export it.

Thanks!
Old 2013-06-19, 18:05
Propellerhead

Make sure you're exporting to the same sample rate you're using for playback in Reason.

/ LudvigC
Old 2013-06-19, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudvigC View Post
Make sure you're exporting to the same sample rate you're using for playback in Reason.

/ LudvigC
Thanks. I have been doing that.. I just don't know what else it could be!
Old 2013-06-19, 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by duritzfan13 View Post
Thanks. I have been doing that.. I just don't know what else it could be!
Try exporting into another program like Audacity and listen back. if its still sounding different from the Reason render make sure your export settings are not bypassing the mixer or effects etc. Sometimes depending on how you are bouncing out you might bypass the mixer settings and effects. Also, iTunes has its own eq so make sure thats not set to one of the preset's which could change the sound.
Old 2013-06-19, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyerac View Post
Try exporting into another program like Audacity and listen back. if its still sounding different from the Reason render make sure your export settings are not bypassing the mixer or effects etc. Sometimes depending on how you are bouncing out you might bypass the mixer settings and effects. Also, iTunes has its own eq so make sure thats not set to one of the preset's which could change the sound.
Funny you posted that, I actually just listened to it in Audacity and it sounded fine! Just checked the iTunes EQ and indeed it was set to "bass booster." Thanks!
Old 2013-06-19, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by duritzfan13 View Post
Funny you posted that, I actually just listened to it in Audacity and it sounded fine! Just checked the iTunes EQ and indeed it was set to "bass booster." Thanks!
Ha! Awesome. Glad you figured it out