Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2013-07-06, 04:02
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,953
Lightbulb A free speed knob for the REDRUM please !

!! ((( I finded that the name is pattern synch off ))) !!

I was thinking all night about crazy snare rolls and charley patterns ,

tonight I was almost a sleep and Bang ! revelation I need that feature bad ;
when I dont whant to use the pattern speed knob I use the pen and draw then out wich is limitless
but I think a same knob as the pattern speed with free speed from 01.00 to 200 or 240 bpm would be the ultimate snare and charley tool to make crazy ones just do the machine gun or ultimate build ups !

what do you guys think ?
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-07-10 at 15:57. Reason: I finded that the name is pattern synch off
  #2  
Old 2013-07-06, 04:05
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
I was thinking all night about crazy snare rolls and charley patterns ,

tonight I was almost a sleep and Bang ! revelation I need that feature bad ;
when I dont whant to use the pattern speed knob I use the pen and draw then out wich is limitless
but I think a same knob as the pattern speed with free speed from 01.00 to 200 or 240 bpm would be the ultimate snare and charley tool to make crazy ones just do the machine gun or ultimate build ups !

what do you guys think ?
So why don't you use the resolution button?
__________________
"Having unlimited choices can paralyze you creatively." - David Byrne

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
  #3  
Old 2013-07-06, 04:10
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
So why don't you use the resolution button?

I do a lot but it's always set at correct speeds 16,32,64,128 and triolets , I think a free speed knob could be automated and make crazy rolls you know from very slow to a block for exemple for build ups
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
  #4  
Old 2013-07-06, 16:06
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
I do a lot but it's always set at correct speeds 16,32,64,128 and triolets , I think a free speed knob could be automated and make crazy rolls you know from very slow to a block for exemple for build ups
Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I got my padKontrol for that.
__________________
"Having unlimited choices can paralyze you creatively." - David Byrne

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
  #5  
Old 2013-07-06, 23:56
djjams's Avatar
djjams djjams is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 506
I think you could use pulsar to trigger the drum.
  #6  
Old 2013-07-07, 16:44
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjams View Post
I think you could use pulsar to trigger the drum.

how ??????

I remember pulsar got a rate playin time like redrum (8/16/32) and also a free switch to have it playing at a free speed but what to plug and where ???

is there anybody that ever trigger a redrum with pulsar here !!!!!!
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
  #7  
Old 2013-07-06, 04:16
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is online now
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,953
and also it would make smooth transition from for exemple a resolution of 16 to a 64 speed or whatever .
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
  #8  
Old 2013-07-07, 02:29
MirrorEyes's Avatar
MirrorEyes MirrorEyes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 840
Yup this is something I want/would like to see, another bugbear struck off the list if sorted!! Speaking of sequencers a better Matrix sequencer (has been discussed numerous times) and Thor sequencer "notes to track"
  #9  
Old 2013-07-07, 02:33
phasys's Avatar
phasys phasys is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorEyes View Post
Yup this is something I want/would like to see, another bugbear struck off the list if sorted!! Speaking of sequencers a better Matrix sequencer (has been discussed numerous times) and Thor sequencer "notes to track"
I have a really simple solution for your Thors note to track issue. Stop using that sequencer, use a Matrix instead.
__________________
"Having unlimited choices can paralyze you creatively." - David Byrne

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
  #10  
Old 2013-07-07, 03:25
MirrorEyes's Avatar
MirrorEyes MirrorEyes is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 840
Hey Dude/Bro/Fam great tip I'd never thought to do that. From here on in I will carry on not using Thor's step sequencer.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sequnceing your drums from nnxt with the redrum menacesta Phead User Forum (read only) 10 2009-10-31 17:57


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:24.