Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-07-09, 16:54

looking at getting new monitors Yamaha hs8 or hs7

I'm in the process of getting some new monitors. I've like what I have read and heard from the Yamaha hs series.

Just not sure whether to get the hs8 or hs7

my room is not to small but nor overly big.

to give you an idea what I was using was Behringer B2031a. My mixes seem to translate well. I do have a little hyped bass freq in this room but it can be compensated for by the room settings on those monitors.
Old 2013-07-10, 00:47

FWIW, I have a pair of hs50. Very pleased with the clarity and separation they offer ... most other speakers sound muddy after those. I guess the bigger drivers will have a better low end response but will sound equally clean.
Old 2013-07-10, 01:03

I have not tryed those yamaha but there is a lot and lot's of brands that make good monitors that are maybe better and cheaper ,

what type of beats do you make and where are you from ?
question one is for the specs of the monitors and two for the price because imports are always got tax cost !

you may whant to look at events 2030 0r 20/20 bas if your in USA http://www.eventelectronics.com/products.php

A user told me the guy that designed those now made his own brand and if I was in USA I would have tryed those up http://www.equatoraudio.com/Q-Series...itors-s/44.htm

they also make D8 now but with Tax and mail it's a deal breaker I will wait for them to have a importeur in EU .

in Europe now Dynaudio Is the chit the DBM-50 are awesome I try them out but maybe if your room is not so small and you like 3ways speakers the BM15A is cool but the price is high . http://dynaudioprofessional.com/bm-series/

also Prodipe made some coaxial one for cheap that are in a lot of shops but I have not tryed them up.

I keep reading threads on the subject and I even did two but the same comes out everytime ,
You need to try them in your Room and see (or ear) from yourself .
most shops propose to there clients to try them out one day or two but I noticed in USA that some companys propose you to try them for two months and propose refound if you dont like them but they dont do that outside USA .

the all thing is that getting some similare then those you already got is a good idear if you like the sound you have so that way you dont need to make your ears use to those knew pairs wich means stoping doing music a few days and lissento tracks over and over to get adapted so my advice would be get the ones that sound the way you whant and again a TRY is the way .

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2013-07-10 at 01:24.
Old 2013-07-10, 02:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
The D8s are on my short list. I've heard great things about them and I love me some coaxial speakers.
Old 2013-07-10, 03:12

If your monitors (behringers) are translating well why bother with new monitors? Or why not buy something like the avantone mixcubes. Those are the next monitors I'm buying.
How about some acoustical treatment? Can't go wrong there.
Old 2013-07-10, 18:54

Some good options already mentioned. May I be as bold as to suggest the Dynaudio BM5a mk II as they are truly astounding monitors for the money.

I popped down to DV247 last week and tried out the Adam F7, Adam A7x, BM5a's and a small set of Events. I took a CD with very bass intensive well produced across the board electronic music and without any shadow of doubt the Dynaudio blew the rest out of the water. Not only was the bottom end very deep and smooth but all the way across the range the clarity and depth was fantastic. The real surprise was how much better they sounded in comparison to the A7X's. It was like lifting a veil from the music. The F7's sound awful in comparison and a total waste of anyone's cash.

No surprise that I got the BM5a's - I paid £760 for a pair.