Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-07-12, 02:29

Angry Nano Pad 2 not detected - Please help!!

Can anyone please help me to get R7 to detect my nanopad 2? It's selected in the drop down menu, but when it asks me to move or touch something on the nano, it still won't detect it. I have installed everything correctly and my computer recognises it, but R7 won't. Thanks in advance
Old 2013-07-12, 07:45

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm2012 View Post
Can anyone please help me to get R7 to detect my nanopad 2? It's selected in the drop down menu, but when it asks me to move or touch something on the nano, it still won't detect it. I have installed everything correctly and my computer recognises it, but R7 won't. Thanks in advance
HI Bud

What you need to do,is to go into Edit/ Preferences and re scan your plugged in devices,first check that the nano pad has updated drivers though
If its Windows your using,make sure the drivers of the Nanopad are installed first,don't let Windows install them for you, Nano won't work otherwise

Any device be it keyboard or controller will show in the list,if the controller is not there then you can add it in as a generic no keyboard controller

Are right clicking and choosing Edit automation? That way when everything is set up correctly,you will be able to auto map your Nano pad.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:02

Na, that's not it.
You need to check you have the latest software from Kong and have done the firmware update.
Uninstall whatever windows thinks is the driver using the device manager.
Unplug and reboot to be sure
Run the Korg installation program and give it a min before you plug the device in.
If you've done it right so far, when you plug the device in you should get a popup window from Korg on it, use that to install the hardware. Don't let windows install the device without seeing this popup, it will put you in exactly the situation you find yourself in.
If you have the other 2 devices in the set plug them in one at once and go through the installation process separately for each, if you try to install all 3 at once you usually end up missing one.

I've been through this and it can be a pain if you just plug it in and expect it to work but once you've followed the steps above you get a great bit of kit for Reason.
Hope this helps.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2013-07-12, 20:02

If none of this works, you can always uninstall the drivers, re-plug the device, when it says looking for drivers, make sure to cancel if it says searching windows update. Use the drivers it comes with. There is a disadvantage in that you won't be able to use the korg kontrol editor, but the moment I installed korgs drivers for the device, I had nothing but problems with all of the nano2 devices, but they work flawlessly with the drivers they come with. That is if none of the above work, if you get it to work well done to you, the korg nano controllers are amazing and I would highly recommended you get the other two, mostly the korg nanokontrol2, with it's faders and 3 buttons per strip as well as transport control, it's a brilliant controller for use with reason whether that be mixing or automation, but it's especially great when it comes to live use.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:34

Your computer recognizes it, but does it work in any other programs? The first ones were cheaply made, and I'm not sure they improved the quality control on the second set.
Old 2013-07-13, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrum View Post
Your computer recognizes it, but does it work in any other programs? The first ones were cheaply made, and I'm not sure they improved the quality control on the second set.
To answer your question, yes, that's what happens if you leave windows to install it without the korg program running and yes, Nanocontrol2 are better than Nanocontol. Still kinda plastic feeling but better.
I live in Lancashire, England.