Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-07-23, 17:31

balance wont work with windows

hi , how do I get balance to work with windows , im using the latest reason , and when installing the drivers for balance , it tells me , error code 28 and balance DFU missing , ??
any help would be great , jeff
p.s. balance looks great , shame
Old 2013-07-23, 17:44

Try contact customer support. It should work flawless under windows.
And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !
Quote:
Originally Posted by obroadfield View Post
You're a hero Eric...thank you.
Old 2013-07-23, 19:09

mm , did no response ,
Old 2013-07-23, 19:54

try the following: uninstall all the current balance driver stuff from device manager, then reboot your machine. Make sure Balance is NOT connected to your computer! Download the appropriate driver from here https://www.propellerheads.se/downlo...alance-drivers and install it (very important: Balance must not be connected!).
Now: connect Balance (USB 2 port)and if it isn`t already: set Balance as your standard audio playback and recording device(right-click the speaker symbol in the task bar). I would also recommend to disable your onboard audio from there. Note that Balance does not support sleep states, so I would check your system`s energy settings. Otherwise you always have to un- and replug the Balance unit after waking up from sleep.
EDIT: PS: If you got drivers from previous interfaces installed, uninstall them too!

Last edited by KingEternal; 2013-07-23 at 20:05.
Old 2013-07-23, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingEternal View Post
Now: connect Balance (USB 2 port)and if it isn`t already: set Balance as your standard audio playback and recording device(right-click the speaker symbol in the task bar). I would also recommend to disable your onboard audio from there.
You do not need to do such things. My PC has 3 interfaces (including onboard) and Balance works flawless on it. Something else must be the problem.

To the OP, do you have any chance of trying Balance on a different computer? It could be a hardware defect.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-07-23, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
You do not need to do such things. My PC has 3 interfaces (including onboard) and Balance works flawless on it. Something else must be the problem.
Yeah you don`t NEED to. Just for the sake of good order. Of course if you were using multiple interfaces at once you would not want to deactivate them
Old 2013-07-24, 13:55

I would not recommend disabling your built in sound card but leave it active for windows sounds and only access Balance via ASIO from your pro audio program. This is because Balance only has two output channels and no hardware mixer (and only two input channels of course) so if you have audio playing from ASIO and WDM it will have to be mixed inside the driver in software!

Also USB 3 works fine in Windows 8!

Last edited by n0ahg; 2013-07-24 at 14:24.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:53

well the maqic midi elves have come in the night and fixed the balance audio in ,
Old 2013-07-25, 20:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by customsynth View Post
when installing the drivers for balance , it tells me , error code 28 and balance DFU missing
Did you by any chance plug Balance into your computer *before* installing the drivers?

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 7.1.1 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano | Audiomatic | Synchronous
Old 2013-07-26, 11:31

the thing was usb 3 , I didn't know the laptop I was using had all but one usb 3 , it now works fine on usb 2 , its sometimes the simplest things that drive you to distraction