Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-07-30, 07:43

Export to MP3

Hello?

This should be a no brainer. I producer ads for radio and send my clients their ads for approval via email. MP3s are way easier to deal with.
Old 2013-07-30, 08:41

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by juno106user View Post
Hello?

This should be a no brainer. I producer ads for radio and send my clients their ads for approval via email. MP3s are way easier to deal with.
Agreed.

The main argument against MP3 export is the quality.

However, IMO, the only reason to use MP3s is for convenience for exactly the scenario you mention.

I want to share smaller files and I want to share them quickly. Often, I am sending many files out within moments after making changes.

Right now, the way to do it is to export a WAV or AIFF, and then encode it into an MP3 using another application, and then of course remember to delete the AIFF of the rough draft (as it's taking up space), etc. And then email it. This is all after going back in the project and making changes. It may seem simple, but it does take time (and time adds up) and it can get in the way of workflow. It could be made much faster with MP3 export.

It's only when a project is finalized that I really care to export and save an AIFF.
Old 2013-07-30, 10:07

What's so hard about making 1 post with all your requests?
Old 2013-07-31, 15:14

I think there might be a licensing issue with that which prevents Reason and other DAWs from implementing this. For example, in Reaper the option exists, but it exports to MP3 through a third party plug-in, and the dialog box says that this is because of a licensing issue.
Old 2013-07-31, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepuff View Post
I think there might be a licensing issue with that which prevents Reason and other DAWs from implementing this. For example, in Reaper the option exists, but it exports to MP3 through a third party plug-in, and the dialog box says that this is because of a licensing issue.
Yes, I believe this is true. I think Propellerhead would have to pay for licensing in order to incorporate the ability to export the mp3 format. Which if spread out across other costs to the end customer, I would think would be pretty minimal. But I am unsure of the licensing costs...
Old 2013-07-31, 16:32

Do the mobile apps (Figure, Thor, ReBirth) incorporate mp3 export?
Old 2013-08-02, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
Yes, I believe this is true. I think Propellerhead would have to pay for licensing in order to incorporate the ability to export the mp3 format. Which if spread out across other costs to the end customer, I would think would be pretty minimal. But I am unsure of the licensing costs...
Correct ... but a dollar here and there adds up, and eventually the customer will pay for it. There is no free lunch!
Old 2013-09-15, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
Agreed.

I want to share smaller files and I want to share them quickly. Often, I am sending many files out within moments after making changes.

Right now, the way to do it is to export a WAV or AIFF, and then encode it into an MP3 using another application, and then of course remember to delete the AIFF of the rough draft (as it's taking up space), etc. And then email it. This is all after going back in the project and making changes. It may seem simple, but it does take time (and time adds up) and it can get in the way of workflow. It could be made much faster with MP3 export.

It's only when a project is finalized that I really care to export and save an AIFF.
I agree to agree to agree.
Old 2013-09-16, 00:28

is this a joke ? what version are you ON ?!?!

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2013-09-16, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlycharlzz View Post
is this a joke ? what version are you ON ?!?!
This is a request for MP3 export, not import (which we do have now).