Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-08-06, 02:15

Reason Audio Problem PC

Hey,

I'm somewhat new to Reason, and as such need some help with a problem I've been having. I have my USB mixer working with Reason, and as I'm sure you know, to record you must have your audio card driver set to ASIO in the Reason preferences. My problem is that while I have the driver set to ASIO, I can't hear the click in Reason or any other sounds, and therefore can't sync up my recording. If I set the driver back to the primary sound driver I can hear as usual, but obviously this won't work while recording.

This problem is no doubt user idiocy, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Mason Chance
Old 2013-08-06, 02:52

when you select asio in reason, you should see a (gree) asio icon in the system tray.

click that to open the asio admin program and switch to advanced view (click on the wrench).

this will allow you to select the output option that goes to your speakers - by default it is apparently set to something else.

also, if you have a USB mixer you should be able to select that as your audio device in reason (?) and use it for audio in and out, unless you don't have headphones or other speakers.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RĂ˜DE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2013-08-06, 04:07

Hey Steve,

I looked in the advanced options like you said, but I couldn't find a way to switch my audio output unfortunately
Old 2013-08-07, 01:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonmcw View Post
Hey Steve,

I looked in the advanced options like you said, but I couldn't find a way to switch my audio output unfortunately
Have you install your asio drivers ? What sound card / device you're using ? OS ? Reason version ?

Give us more info
Old 2013-08-07, 01:06

My mixer didn't come with any drivers, and I've just been using it with my other software harmoniously until I tried it with Reason. I'm using an Alesis multimix8 USB FX mixer with my HP laptop.
Old 2013-08-07, 14:13

Sorry but you're wrong, I just check the alesis product page and you do must to install drivers to make it work:

http://www.alesis.com/multimix8usb20

Check under "Docs & Downloads", if you don't install the drivers you can use it as a class-compilant device (in other words, it will work with less features and/or options, not as it meant to be).

Install the drivers, reboot and try to setup reason again.