Propellerhead Software
Old 2013-09-04, 17:02

FX Question

I was wondering how can I use something like a Low Pass/Phaser type of FX on one section of my song? Its the break down of the song at the end, and I want to be able to filter that whole section. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks Reason Family,
Old 2013-09-04, 17:32

Export the whole song. Start new file, import song. Apply effect at the moment.
Old 2013-09-04, 17:46
Propellerhead

You could make a Combinator with a mixer and the filter + phaser inside, and arrange one of the Combi-knobs to be a Dry/Wet control for the effect.

Then you can route that Combi for example before/after your Mastering Suite at the Master Section Insert Effects, or between the Master Section and the Hardware Interface.
Old 2013-09-04, 19:02

If in version 7, you could route every track you want effect to a bus, then use insert effects on that single bus. automate as necessary to bring effect in and out.
Old 2013-09-04, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzquantum View Post
If in version 7, you could route every track you want effect to a bus, then use insert effects on that single bus. automate as necessary to bring effect in and out.
Thanks so much! This was very helpful
Old 2013-09-04, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengstrom View Post
You could make a Combinator with a mixer and the filter + phaser inside, and arrange one of the Combi-knobs to be a Dry/Wet control for the effect.

Then you can route that Combi for example before/after your Mastering Suite at the Master Section Insert Effects, or between the Master Section and the Hardware Interface.
Thanks! I'm going to look up some tutorials on how to do it. This was very helpful!!
Old 2013-09-04, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslick View Post
Export the whole song. Start new file, import song. Apply effect at the moment.
Thanks a lot!
Old 2013-09-04, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceStone View Post
I was wondering how can I use something like a Low Pass/Phaser type of FX on one section of my song? Its the break down of the song at the end, and I want to be able to filter that whole section. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks Reason Family,
Put the effect as in insert effect on the Master output. Then use automation to switch it on/off and modulate it.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-09-05, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
Put the effect as in insert effect on the Master output. Then use automation to switch it on/off and modulate it.
^^this^^. :-)
USA
Old 2013-09-05, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
I did as you said and I still didn't achieve what I am looking for. However, when I took the master out and ran it into the input of the Glitch RE and then ran the out of the Glitch RE into the Audio input I got what I was looking for but with one problem, the FX now covers the whole song and I only want it to work on certain instruments. What would you suggest I do?