Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-09-04, 18:57

Need Authoritattive Help! Purchased Wrong Reason. How Can I Acquire Reason 7?

Hello all! 3 Questions!
I made a mistake, in purchasing a REASON package on close-out, that isn't marked UPGRADE on the package anywhere; nor does the package indicate a Version Number -- but it had a green sticker that reads:
SPECIAL PRICE FOR OWNERS OF REASON ADAPTED/REASON LIMITED

It turns out it's old (Version 6.0) and after inserting the bright red "ignition key", and attempting to register, I find I can't: it needs a registration number from REASON ADAPTED or REASON LIMITED package -- but I own neither.

1. What is the smartest way for me to invest further, so I end up with a working REASON 7?
2. Would a REASON ESSENTIAL version 6 package, I also found on the shelf, if purchased, provide a suitable registration code that would work for me? From there, I suppose I would still be stuck at REASON 6, right?
3. It was suggested I return the "upgrade" to the store I purchased it from, to arrange a refund. (but that's not possible, since this version of REASON is already installed here on my system, and the store (Best Buy Musical Instruments) is now out of business.

Anyone with a proper approach to my moving up to a working REASON 7, please advise me in a way that's a good use of extra expense on my part.

I'm no guitar player, so purchase of a legacy Line 6 POD product to crossgrade over to REASON isn't an attractive option. I'm earnest in desiring to be a fully-functional end-user.

Thanks in advance
I'm new here.

Last edited by PropellerheadUser; 2013-09-04 at 23:32.
Old 2013-09-04, 18:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerheadUser View Post
Hello all! 3 Questions!
I made a mistake, in purchasing a REASON package on close-out, that isn't marked UPGRADE -- but it had a green sticker that reads:
SPECIAL PRICE FOR OWNERS OF REASON ADAPTED/REASON LIMITED

When I installed it, I discovered it's only Reason 6.0, and worse -- it needs a registration number from a REASON ADAPTED or REASON LIMITED package.

1. What is the smartest way for me to invest further, so I end up with a working REASON 7?
2. Would a REASONS ESSENTIAL package, if purchased, provide a suitable registration code that would work for me? From there, I suppose I would still be stuck at REASON 6, right?

3. Why does the SUPPORT area take a week, and still, no REPLY to my Emailed support question (is this sluggishness typical of a fine company like Propellerhead? I'd think not)

Anyone with authoritative answers on the above? Thanks in advance!
I'm new here.
The only type of licence that will work for you is Reason Adapted or Limited. If you can get hold of one of these, you'll be able to register your R6 and buy a R7 upgrade.
Old 2013-09-04, 19:18

I have reason 6.5 full version

But i also have reason adapted/limited (which is used) i could transfer it to you for a small fee
Old 2013-09-04, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulm0000 View Post
I have reason 6.5 full version

But i also have reason adapted/limited (which is used) i could transfer it to you for a small fee
I'm in USA, and hope to be able to get started with REASON with ease. Your suggestion, paulm0000 sounds attractive, although I'm unsure of exchange rates, and how to manage said license transfer.

Still, if others have suggestions, I'm open to hearing them. (I could be wrong, but I'm thinking such a REASON ADAPTED/LIMITED license transfer might be more smooth with another USA user, but I'm open...)

Last edited by PropellerheadUser; 2013-09-04 at 20:23.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:54

I wouldn't say it's beyond the help of support, try contacting them to explain your situation. Propellerheads support has been pretty reasonable in the past and so i'm sure maybe you could get a refund and a transaction for Reason 7 arranged, it won't matter that you already have it installed on your computer as it's only the license that you own which controls access to the program.
Old 2013-09-04, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by koma7 View Post
I wouldn't say it's beyond the help of support, try contacting them to explain your situation. Propellerheads support has been pretty reasonable in the past and so i'm sure maybe you could get a refund and a transaction for Reason 7 arranged, it won't matter that you already have it installed on your computer as it's only the license that you own which controls access to the program.
Your suggestion sounds reasonable -- I could wish someone with some authority at Propellerhead would read this post and contact me. My real issue is
1. Best Buy Musical Instruments (retailer) is out of business
2. The REASON for ADAPTED/LIMITED users I have here has been opened, and installed on my PC

Therefore, it seems the best help to get me into a seat of REASON 7 would have to come from Propellerhead, yet it appears communication between them and me is a bit slow. ;-)

I'll try to reach them again.

Last edited by PropellerheadUser; 2013-09-04 at 22:41.