Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2013-10-27, 22:51

Looking at Reason 7 - is 3 Gigs of ram ok?

Hello all,

I've been a Live user for about a year now but never really use it. I've been demoing Reason on my parents PC (16 gigs ram, i7 4770) as my laptop is in the shop. I'm supposed to get it back Monday. Anyway - so far I really like Reason a lot and I'm thinking about buying it (or rather - convincing mom and dad for an early birthday present)!

My question is: can I run Reason 7 on just 3 gigs of ram? I have Windows 8 64-bit. I see the minimum requirement is 4 gigs but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Erin
Old 2013-10-27, 22:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinMoore View Post
Hello all,

I've been a Live user for about a year now but never really use it. I've been demoing Reason on my parents PC (16 gigs ram, i7 4770) as my laptop is in the shop. I'm supposed to get it back Monday. Anyway - so far I really like Reason a lot and I'm thinking about buying it (or rather - convincing mom and dad for an early birthday present)!

My question is: can I run Reason 7 on just 3 gigs of ram? I have Windows 8 64-bit. I see the minimum requirement is 4 gigs but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Erin
Ugh.. ok - here goes: yes, but don't expect mind blowing performance.

Source: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...2&postcount=93

(...waits..)
Old 2013-10-27, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Ugh.. ok - here goes: yes, but don't expect mind blowing performance.

Source: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...2&postcount=93

(...waits..)
Wow - thanks for such a quick response EnochLight! I just skimmed that thread you just linked to - a lot of information in there. I can't seem to post to that forum though, just read.
Old 2013-10-27, 22:59

Quote:
Wow - thanks for such a quick response EnochLight! I just skimmed that thread you just linked to - a lot of information in there. I can't seem to post to that forum though, just read.
No problem. Yeah - in order to post in the User Forum, you have to register an owned product. You can read all the threads though.
Old 2013-10-28, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
Ugh.. ok - here goes: yes, but don't expect to be able to use huge sample libraries.
Fixed that for you.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-10-28, 12:50

Come on guys!! I'm running out of popcorn here!
Old 2013-10-28, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
Fixed that for you.
Seriously pal - don't start. After reading that other thread I can honestly say that I would prefer you stay out of any thread I start. Thanks.
Old 2013-10-28, 14:37

Quote:
Seriously pal - don't start. After reading that other thread I can honestly say that I would prefer you stay out of any thread I start. Thanks.
I know who you are, don't even bother.

"Some questions simply do not deserve an answer." - Richard Dawkins

https://soundcloud.com/dutch-bastard

omfg one million megahurz CPU
Old 2013-10-28, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasys View Post
I know who you are, don't even bother.
That's not the least bit creepy....

TROLL.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:23

Quote: