Propellerhead Software
Old 2002-08-10, 04:17
doit

Downloading from my drum machine

I have spent probably a good 6 hours trying to
transfer my drum tracks from my drum machine over to Reason on my computer. My drum machine is an RX11 yamaha. I have read through all the materials and tried the different suggestions but nothing seems to work. I'm starting with an empty rack and adding a mixer and a redrum machine sequencer
track which I'm activating as the midi channel. I've set up the drum machine to execute midi out and I've also tried just hitting play and running record in Reason. None of this works. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Anyone out there with any tips??
thanks
Axel
Old 2002-08-10, 07:32

Re: MIDI note numbers...

The ReDrum only responds to a certain range of ten MIDI notes..
If your drum machine is not outputting those particular numbers..the ReDrum won't trigger..
However..
Try recording the drum machine on like a NN19 track...if the little red lines don't appear..
your MIDI setup is not happening..
Check your Preferences..

Then take that track and paste it onto the ReDrum track.. It may need some rearranging so the kick will be on the ReDrum kick,..snare hats etc..
If you can go into your drum machine and change the note numbers for each Pad or Sound ..it will make this process go smoother..Then you can also use the drum machine as a controller for ReDrum...

good luck,
mikemidi
Listen to NoPhase
Old 2002-08-11, 21:28
doit

Re: MIDI note numbers...

Thanks for the help on the midi drum assignment numbers. It's working perfectly!!
Mike I have one more question for you if you don't mind. I'm new to reason and can't find anything in the documentation regarding recording instruments. Is this possible?? For example I'd like to record an acoustic guitar along with some of my drum tracks.

Thanks in advance for your time

:The ReDrum only responds to a certain range of ten MIDI notes..
:If your drum machine is not outputting those particular numbers..the ReDrum won't trigger..
:However..
:Try recording the drum machine on like a NN19 track...if the little red lines don't appear..
:your MIDI setup is not happening..
:Check your Preferences..
:
:Then take that track and paste it onto the ReDrum track.. It may need some rearranging so the kick will be on the ReDrum kick,..snare hats etc..
:If you can go into your drum machine and change the note numbers for each Pad or Sound ..it will make this process go smoother..Then you can also use the drum machine as a controller for ReDrum...
:
:good luck,
:mikemidi
Old 2002-08-10, 17:18
stormshadow28

Re: Downloading from my drum machine

I have had the same issues with transferring patterns from my drum machine. what i do is just record the audio from my drum machine into computer as a wav file then bring it into the nn19 sampler then layer the kicks with redrum.
Old 2002-08-11, 09:41

remote control is a good thing

Mikemidi is on the right track telling you to adjust the midi note numbers that your drum machine uses to control all 10 redrum channels. Once you have control of the redrum from your drum machine your xfer of tracks into the redrum should go smoother.