Propellerhead Software
Old 2002-11-11, 20:58
iq187

deleted reason songs!!!! help please

hi there....
big probs...

i have reason 2, recycle, and rebirth 2.0 all installed under a propellerhead folder in programs on my c drive (windows).

i have not used rebirth for a while and started it up and it asked for the installation cd.???? i put it in after searching for about an hour and it still did not recognise it....

now this is where i messed up ...i de-installed rebirth ...but without thinking i wiped the folder which also contains all my reason songs.......!!!!!

i reinstalled reason and rebirth and even tried a system restore from 2 days ago, but it does not get my original reason songs....

is there any way of getting my reason songs back (they were stored in my reason program folder)..

please please please./......

i have only been using reason for about a month. and had about ten incompleted songs.

thanks
Old 2002-11-11, 21:13

Ouch

Well technically the files are probably, (maybe), still there but they have been overwritten. You could take it in to a shop for disaster recovery or if you understand operating system file recovery and can get the drive slaved up then you can do this yourself.
From your post I would guess that a professional may need to be called in but beware, they charge a lot for these services.
Someone else here may have some suggestions but from what I understand about it this is the only way to do it.
Otherwise... clean slate. From now on back up everything to CD or mirror drive if possible.
Best of luck,
- DJDM
DJDM's completely Reason based music
Old 2002-11-11, 22:04

getbackdata....

I had a fairly major situation occur with my machine. BSOD forced me to reinstall the OS. Unfortunately
I didn't read the installation prompts and clicked Yes to format my disk.

However, after installing the os back, I went
online and found several recovery tools. The only one that worked for me was GetBackData for NTFS.
If you use win2000 or XP you probably have an NTFS file system. I think there is also a getbackdata for FAT too so regardless you should be able to recover.

Anyway, for the 120 or so bucks it cost me for the software, I managed to recover all my data.

Question is, is 120 bucks for your 10 songs worth it?

Good luck,

Andy.