Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2002-11-23, 00:02

How to assign Oxygen 8's knobs to knobs in Reason?? (OS 9)

Hey, running Reason on a G4 Mac using 9.2 ('cause my other programs still aren't OSX compatible).

Just got the Oxygen 8, and am loving it with Reason so far.
The sliders and knobs on the 8 seem automatically assigned to various knobs within Reason's modules... but other of the 8's knobs don't seem assigned to anything.

I've tried assigning the 8's knobs to Reason's knobs, but I can't figure out how to do it. I read the 8's manual, but no luck...

How do i assign these controller knobs to parameters in Reason?? Tips much appreciated.

Tom.
Old 2002-11-23, 19:20

Re: How to assign Oxygen 8's knobs to knobs in Reason?? (OS 9)

You right click the knob and select edit midi remote mapping. Check "Learn from MIDI input" and turn a knob. You think this would be enough but you are only halfway there. Click ok then pull down the Options menu. Make sure "Enable MIDI Remote Mapping" is checked. This will make your mappings actually do something.
Old 2002-12-28, 22:31
soapmaker

Re: How to assign Oxygen 8's knobs to knobs in Reason?? (OS

:You right click the knob and select edit midi remote mapping. Check "Learn from MIDI input" and turn a knob. You think this would be enough but you are only halfway there. Click ok then pull down the Options menu. Make sure "Enable MIDI Remote Mapping" is checked. This will make your mappings actually do something.

I did this, in OS X and I get some controls that have default settings, and no matter what i do, reassign and stuff, they wont clear them, even tried the clear all funtion. The pre set ones, will control 2 items at once, if you assign that know anywhere else. How do I get rid of the default mappings??

Tim
Old 2002-12-29, 16:55

Bad timing, I sold my oxygen 8 and can't try it out any more. I will look at it in a few days when i get my pcr-30.
Old 2002-12-30, 02:39
soapmaker

:Bad timing, I sold my oxygen 8 and can't try it out any more. I will look at it in a few days when i get my pcr-30.

Actually found a way to make it work on my own, change to Channel 2 and the default assignemnts do not work

Tim