Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-01-23, 21:00

Can't change pattern selection

Does anyone know how to change a Redrum pattern when it is the first pattern at pos 1.1.1? I have tried everything I know and it will not change - looping the bar and using replace or overwrite does nothing. There is no feature to manually change it in edit mode. So the first bar of my song plays one drum pattern and then switches to the correct drum pattern thereafter. Logic would have it that you should be able to click on the record button and then change the pattern at the start of the bar, without having to hit play, but that does not apply.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this??

Thanks!
Veer
site
Old 2003-01-23, 21:29

Re: Can't change pattern selection

You CAN manually edit this in the edit window. Open the edit window and select the ReDrum track. make sure that you have the Pattern Selction lane open. On the left side of the pattern selection lane there is a drop down menu (little arrow pointing down), use this to select which pattern you wish to "write". use the pencil tool and draw the desired length of the pattern you chose! For example: if you want the tune to start with pattern A3 then switch to A1, use the pencil (after having selected A3) and draw the pattern for however many bars you want. then choose pattern A1 from the drop down and draw the length of that pattern etc etc etc... Same goes for the Matrix as well...
Old 2003-01-23, 22:47

Re: CAN do it now!

Hey Trin,
Got it working... Thanks for the help!

Veer

:You CAN manually edit this in the edit window. Open the edit window and select the ReDrum track. make sure that you have the Pattern Selction lane open. On the left side of the pattern selection lane there is a drop down menu (little arrow pointing down), use this to select which pattern you wish to "write". use the pencil tool and draw the desired length of the pattern you chose! For example: if you want the tune to start with pattern A3 then switch to A1, use the pencil (after having selected A3) and draw the pattern for however many bars you want. then choose pattern A1 from the drop down and draw the length of that pattern etc etc etc... Same goes for the Matrix as well...