Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-03-27, 17:28

Forget "Freedom Fries"...this takes the proverbial cake...

I am proud to be Canadian (insert appropriate fur-trader/dog sled/igloo/drunk/hockey-palying remark here). I stand behind my country's decision to not follow GW into Viet Nam Part Deux (We'd shoot them, we just can't see them...). Now this makes me feel proud to be embarassed to be Canadian...

It takes a certain person...

/John
I want my damn printer!!! ;-)
Old 2003-03-27, 18:04

Um, next Reason post please.

So you're proud to be a Canadian. Keep it to yourself.

I'm proud to be a Propellerhead user.
Old 2003-03-27, 18:28

Re: Um, next Reason post please.

Are you proud to be an ignoramus as well? This is an open forum where people can express pretty much whatever they want (your dumb ass included). I found an amusing article and wanted to share. If you can't play nicely with the other children perhaps you should stay home. Are you proud to be a cracked Reason user as well?
Old 2003-03-27, 19:02

Re: Um, next Reason post please.

:Are you proud to be an ignoramus as well? This is an open forum where people can express pretty much whatever they want (your dumb ass included). I found an amusing article and wanted to share. If you can't play nicely with the other children perhaps you should stay home. Are you proud to be a cracked Reason user as well?

I like your style trin !
Old 2003-03-27, 19:14

I try! :-)

:
:I like your style trin !
Old 2003-03-27, 18:21
millionaire

Ah, to be an American!

I love being associated with this country. No really I do. I think I'm gonna go have a stiff drink in my crying place now.
Old 2003-03-27, 18:47

Re: Ah, to be an American!

Aww come on, we're not judging the American people based on their politicians.

I just watched a press conference featuring Blair and Bush. It was nothing short of pitiful to watch Dubya trying and failing to put words together in coherent sentences... Blair had to step in and save the show several times. Finally GWB just gave up and pointed to Blair whenever he was asked a question. Churchill and Butthead...

So, yeah, we don't think Americans are dumb, just your president.

And the people who voted for him.

Uh oh... ;-)

/Hanging Chad
Old 2003-03-27, 19:41

Thanks for that

GWB won the election due to the ballot machine fiasco, and he "respectfully disagrees" with the %54 of americans who think that war is a horrible idea. (I guess I'm like .00025 of that 54%)

Since he obviously doesn't value our input as americans, it's nice to hear people say that they realize that he doesn't represent us all.

Having said that, I don't think we would trade him for saddam. Perhaps if bush was better at diplomacy it wouldn't have come to this?

Old 2003-03-27, 21:20

Re: Thanks for that

Thanks to the war-monger Bush, I feel that if I traveled outside the States I'd get spit on, or shot, decapitated, etc. simply because I'm an American citizen. Thanks Dubya.

There goes my dream of being a National Geographic photographer. Oh wait, maybe I could just be embedded in a troop of marines wherever I go in the world, then I'd be safe!

- Brent
Old 2003-03-27, 21:20

Some quick notes

1) I'm an American

2) I did not vote for Bush, even though I wasn't thrilled with Gore

3) I'm not entirely convinced that Bush's presidency is even legitimate, even aside from all the issues with the Florida ballots, because my understanding is that Gore did win the popular vote / sheer-number-of-votes race, while Bush won the electoral college voting system's race. Unfortunately, the electoral college is the current legally accepted way to decide our presdiential elections. That doesn't stop me from feeling that GW Bush is the least legitimate president we've had in my lifetime (I'm 31) with regards to being voted by the people, and more importantly, truly representing the people.

4) My pet name for GWB is President Monkey-Boy

- R

:Aww come on, we're not judging the American people based on their politicians.
:
:I just watched a press conference featuring Blair and Bush. It was nothing short of pitiful to watch Dubya trying and failing to put words together in coherent sentences... Blair had to step in and save the show several times. Finally GWB just gave up and pointed to Blair whenever he was asked a question. Churchill and Butthead...
:
:So, yeah, we don't think Americans are dumb, just your president.
:
:And the people who voted for him.
:
:Uh oh... ;-)
:
:/Hanging Chad