Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-04-11, 20:43

Songs removed from Song Archive

Has anyone else had their songs removed from the archive because they were made the 2.5 Beta? I understand the Props position on this, but at the same time, I don't understand it.

First of all, I was practically scolded in the e-mail I received that 2.5 Beta songs are not allowed, but I can't find that posted anywhere. Maybe it is common knowledge somehow, but I think it still needs to be clearly posted.

Second, those songs I had were for the Submarine contest, which we were told could be made with the 2.5 version. However, since 2.5 songs can't be posted until 2.5 is released (which will probably be after the April 30 contest deadline) everyone who entered with this version will not be allowed to participate. Is the Reason Song Archive the only place to enter the contest?

Again, I understand the Props reasoning behind this to an extent, but it is just kind of sudden, and I am frustrated. It seems like the people at Reasonbanks.com are gonna have to shuffle their feet real quick to find another way to let people enter, and I feel bad for them they will have to do that.

Then again, maybe I am wrong and there is already another 'venue' to post songs. Please tell me I'm wrong!

--Jeff--
Old 2003-04-11, 21:01

Re: Songs removed from Song Archive

Dude, this is absolutely a no-brainer.

Sorry, but no sympathy.
Old 2003-04-11, 21:15

Thanks for chiming in without having anything constructive to say. I already said it may be common knowledge. All I am really looking for is some other place to upload songs for the contest. 90% of the SubMarine songs I downloaded were made with 2.5, so I know there will be others in this situation.

--Jeff--
Old 2003-04-11, 21:21

Hey! Wake up! It's just not cool in any way to post 2.5 songs ANYHWERE! Hell, forget cool, it's breaking your NDA.

Yeah, I heard about that submarine thing, and I was like, what the f&&k are they thinking?
Old 2003-04-11, 21:27

OK, let's calm down some.

The sub contest has a deadline of the end of the month. There is a possibility that 2.5 will be out then, so *then* you can all post your songs, or leave them ther, whatever.

If it isn't out by then, then they were just wrong to mislead you. Why have a contest where only a few thousand can listen to the results? Whatever, you're all going to do what you want to do anyway. I'll bet warez is already out, the scumbags.
Old 2003-04-11, 23:18

didn't you read the agreement?

Yes, perhaps in your haste to try it out you didn't read the agreement? Understandably frustrating. But unfortunately you are wrong. I wouldn't even reveal to my fiancee' details about 2.5!!
(not that she cares, but even if she did........)

PEACE!!!!
Old 2003-04-12, 00:22

What?

You have a fianc
Old 2003-04-12, 03:18

Re:About ReasonBanks and the SUBMarine deal..

They were all happy-go-lucky like...
"Sure go ahead and use 2.5, we all have it.."
We meaning Eric, raapie, and Andreas. The only people who will be judging this contest. So, really they should have thought that through..and why are other contestants downloading songs anyway???

I like those guys ...but what the hell? eh..

mikemidi-
Old 2003-04-12, 06:03

:They were all happy-go-lucky like...
:"Sure go ahead and use 2.5, we all have it.."
:We meaning Eric, raapie, and Andreas. The only people who will be judging this contest. So, really they should have thought that through..and why are other contestants downloading songs anyway???
:
:I like those guys ...but what the hell? eh..
:
:mikemidi-

Yeah but, no where in their publically posted rules for the contest does it say that you can use 2.5; as a matter of fact, it doesn't say that you have to use any particular version (although 2.0 is implied since it's all about the Malstrom and Subtractor). Ofcourse, users cannot open 2.01 songs with 2.0, so that's a little vague too.

Hmmm...

I guess it's the users that are violating their NDA by submitting versions composed or edited in the 2.5 beta. I think they clearly should have spelled it out that by making this a public contest (open to regular users and beta testers) that the version required is 2.01 only or something, that way this 2.5 NDA stuff wouldn't be an issue.

Crazy kids, they are...wild and crazy.

Old 2003-04-12, 06:45

they did state that 2.5 was ok on the SUBMA.RINE contest Discussion Forum...which is on there site and 'public'...