Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-04-25, 08:07

Reason 1.0 2.0 and 2.5 Major Bug Fix Problem

After Months Of Problems With Reason 1.0 and 2.0 i.e.

rewire problems and reason engine problems i have to say this

#1 please make a copy of reason that you load rewire seperate

#2 please fix the reason engine will not load bullshit that pops up on so many users screens

i am not the only one who has this problem and i find myself fighting more often with reason software than making music with it

i even today tried to load reason 2.0 registered and legit on a new blank computer no other software bootlegged or legit on it and still got

Reason Engine Cannot Load Please Reinstalll

Well After 20 Times Of Reinstalling And Getting The Same Message i Realized Something

This Software Is Bomb Ass But Whats The Point when You Cant Get It To Run 9 Out Of 10 Times And Theres No Help Topics What So Ever On A Board Full Of People Who Not In Every Case But Most Are Just Rude .......

If Anyone Has Any Advice On What To Do To Fix This problem Let Me Know Other Wise I Have A Feeling Reason 2.0 Is About To Start Collecting Dust On My Software Shelf

Rebirth Works Fine Though

Reason On The Other Hand I'm Beginning To Think Is A Over Hyped Piece Of Doo Doo
Old 2003-04-25, 08:35

Re: Reason 1.0 2.0 and 2.5 Major Bug Fix Problem

Well, that's the first!!!

I have never experienced the problems you talk of...

Have been using Reason since the beginning, and after the 1.0.1 update, I never run into problems...

So, this is not such piece of crap that you think!!!
Old 2003-04-25, 08:54

Count Your Blessings

I'm Glad It Works For You Man Because iI've Had Nothing But Trouble With It

and It May Just be That I Got Some Faulty Software
Old 2003-04-25, 09:58

Re: Count Your Blessings

I actually ran into this problem for the first time today as well on Reason 2.0. I installed it on a G3 imac at work so I could play with Reason while I'm on my breaks. I've been using it there for a couple of weeks and when I tried to use it today I first got a "You are using the wrong version of Rewire" and after a couple of reboots I got a "Reason engine failure" type message. I re-installed it and got the same result.

Now I just figured it was because I use a "god-like" PC at home and it was my PC casting a hex on me for using the Mac. I've never had a problem with Reason on my PC ever, but I'm not very Mac-savy so I'm sure I buggered something up on the Mac........computers only do what you tell them to do.
Old 2003-04-25, 09:52

I'll give it a go, kid

First, I know Windoze. So if you're on an Apple, we can blow this off quick.

Then, it's like, all this time and you've been having problems-let's start from the beginning-

What the F**k are you talking about? Tell me exactly the steps you are taking to try to get Reason going. You're not stupid, you're either talking about multiple various installs or I don't know what the lllll you're talking about.

Again, tell us exactly the steps you are taking to try to get Reason going, or what the problem is. This thing will damn near run on anything.

-foggy
Old 2003-04-25, 13:20

Re: I'll give it a go, kid

Widows really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is. I run XP and i have never ever had a Reason crash yet. Reason runs like a dream on my p4 2.4 with windows xp pro.

I think you should start looking at your Os and maybe do a reinstall on that.
Old 2003-04-25, 17:15

it is because you are the last rockstar and the software doesn't want to die with you
Old 2003-04-25, 17:33

lol
Old 2003-04-25, 19:46

:lol

that was a good one i'll admit it .... but not to sound like a asshole or anything but if you dont have something constructive to offer please dont post

the problem i run into is on both computers

when i load / install reason i get the same message

cannot load reason engine

if i unistall and then reinstall i get the same message

i even did this on a fresh computer with no muzik software on it i just got the hard drive blanked and it stll wouldn't load
Old 2003-04-25, 21:09

hmmm...?

I, as most people never came accross these probs with reason. more then that.. pheads products are the extreemly solid, IMHO, relative to other software packages (and I use alot.)

But back to your problems:

are you using the latest version? 2.01 for reason, soon to be 2.5? if not - get it and reinstall - but FIRST uninstall the current version (control panel add/remove software uninstall reason)

:After Months Of Problems With Reason 1.0 and 2.0 i.e.
:
:rewire problems and reason engine problems i have to say this
:
:
:#1 please make a copy of reason that you load rewire seperate
:
:#2 please fix the reason engine will not load bullshit that pops up on so many users screens
:
:i am not the only one who has this problem and i find myself fighting more often with reason software than making music with it
:
:
:i even today tried to load reason 2.0 registered and legit on a new blank computer no other software bootlegged or legit on it and still got
:
:Reason Engine Cannot Load Please Reinstalll
:
:Well After 20 Times Of Reinstalling And Getting The Same Message i Realized Something
:
:This Software Is Bomb Ass But Whats The Point when You Cant Get It To Run 9 Out Of 10 Times And Theres No Help Topics What So Ever On A Board Full Of People Who Not In Every Case But Most Are Just Rude .......
:
:If Anyone Has Any Advice On What To Do To Fix This problem Let Me Know Other Wise I Have A Feeling Reason 2.0 Is About To Start Collecting Dust On My Software Shelf
:
:Rebirth Works Fine Though
:
:Reason On The Other Hand I'm Beginning To Think Is A Over Hyped Piece Of Doo Doo