Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-06-03, 22:25

remove NN19 from reason

NN19 and NNXT patches both in refills is kinda stupid because now the NNXT is available NN19 seems to be useless?? or am i missing someting...why not remove NN19 from reason next update?

cheers
Old 2003-06-03, 22:28

Re: remove NN19 from reason

You can automate all the parameters on the NN-19 whereas you can only automate the global parameters on the NN-XT, so there is still a use for it. It also ensures backwards compatibility with older Reason songs...
Old 2003-06-03, 22:28

Re: NN19 has some automation that NNxt doesn't. NT.

Old 2003-06-03, 22:42

Re: NN19 has some automation that NNxt doesn't. NT.

The NN-19 is vauable in several regards-1) It allows you to use samples quickly when you just need the patch and nothing too fancy.2) It requires less CPU usage for those BIG songs you might be doing.3)Automation features that you don't have with the NN-XT.
I actually like the NN-19 and still use it quite abit, although some people have said that they won't use it anymore with the appearance of the NN-XT.
We will see what direction the refill makers go in regards to which one they prefer. I am sure Props would make a decision if the tides turn in favor on the NN-XT regarding whether or not to remove it. However, it does serve a purpose in the scheme of things apparently. Otherwise they would have removed it by now.
Old 2003-06-03, 22:52
some1uk03

Re: NN19 has AMP which gives u loudness

NN19 has AMP which gives u loudness...and is needed in reason which the NNXT does not support !
Old 2003-06-03, 23:38

Re: NN19 has AMP which gives u loudness

:NN19 has AMP which gives u loudness...and is needed in reason which the NNXT does not support !

Ummm..actually you're wrong. Go look at the NN-XT again. There is a gain control on the drop down panel which works quite well. I thought the same thing as you at first until I started learning the control panel. It's the level control on the AMP envelope that gives you some additional sound boost. Also, don't forget about the filter, it has various mode settings which can enhance your sound levels as well. Remember this from using Dr. Rex, anyone? Sometimes when I needed a sound boost, I would set the filter to 'Notch' for a complete frequency range and then make additional adjustments to the sound elsewhere, if needed, like using EQing or a thru effect, etc...
Old 2003-06-03, 23:16

:NN19 and NNXT patches both in refills is kinda stupid because now the NNXT is available NN19 seems to be useless?? or am i missing someting...why not remove NN19 from reason next update?
:
:cheers

Uhh...mainly because you need backwards compatibility. Users who have composed in Reason up to 2.0 would be upset if their NN19 tracks dissappeared!

Oh, and the reasons that everyone else has pointed out too. ;-)

Cheers,

EnochLight
Old 2003-06-04, 09:15

For The Record: I LIKE The NN19! (n/t)

Old 2003-06-04, 12:00

Re: For The Record: I LIKE The NN19! (n/t)

Also NN19 is ideal for small samples and not big multisamples spanning over a couple of octaves.
Old 2003-06-04, 18:39

::NN19 and NNXT patches both in refills is kinda stupid because now the NNXT is available NN19 seems to be useless?? or am i missing someting...why not remove NN19 from reason next update?
::
::cheers
:
:Uhh...mainly because you need backwards compatibility. Users who have composed in Reason up to 2.0 would be upset if their NN19 tracks dissappeared!
:
:Oh, and the reasons that everyone else has pointed out too. ;-)
:
:Cheers,
:
:EnochLight

hmm...yea goddamn I was very tired last night and downloaded a refill with NN19 & NNXT patches and I tought what is that good for? but I didnt think of the backwards compatibility issue.. anyway maybe a future update when loading an old song wich has NN19 convert them to NNXT automatically with same controles...but its not a must .

cheers