Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-07-21, 06:42

Music wanted for Video production

I'm in the process of putting together a new mountain bike movie to be used on a booth at the Interbike show in vegas this october.

I did one of these a year ago for a local company, and they have asked if I can do the same for this year.

I was sitting back contemplating my sound track and hit on an idea, to see if anyone on the Reason board is interested in having their material in the video. You'll get full credits and the knowledge that your music is being used somewhere!

Here's the rub!
I don't get paid for this!!! The riders don't get paid....which means I can't pay you either!!!

At this point in time, I do it because it's fun, and I love the process of putting the video's together.

As much as I'd like to make a living from this...I don't...and have a full time job because shooting video does not pay the bills....but I would sure like it too!

If you are like me....a backroom musician, or your a little more serious about the music, and have something you think is

a. Suitable
b. Does not have any copyright issues
c. Something you would like to have 'out there'

Let me know.

And as a guidline....most of the action is highspeed downhill and 'freeride' (think insane stunts and jumps)

The last film I shot was played in a local cinema during a premier for a 'professional' production, as well as on the booth at Vegas...so this gives you an idea that this is not just me jerking around..however....it is just me(and I am not a professional, although I have been shooting video of this stuff for the last three years), a camera, lots of my insane friends and local bike shops getting in on the action.

I want to guage response before I continue with this idea, so send me a mail to greg.lawrence@verizon.net if you're interested.

If I get a good enough response (and I'll be tapping my guitar forum as well), then I will revive my StumptownProductions website and you can view the result....after October.

Thanks
Greg

Old 2003-07-22, 04:36

Re: Music wanted for Video production

what kind of music are you looking for?

i personally compose trance, breaks, and hip hop.

if your looking for something else, peep your head into REASONSTATION.net, where i have most of my songs up.

http://www.reasonstation.net/users/u...tml?user=15146

tell me what you think, or what your aiming towards and maybe i could help...

dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.
Old 2003-07-22, 07:16

:what kind of music are you looking for?
:
:i personally compose trance, breaks, and hip hop.
:
:if your looking for something else, peep your head into REASONSTATION.net, where i have most of my songs up.
:
:http://www.reasonstation.net/users/u...tml?user=15146
:
:tell me what you think, or what your aiming towards and maybe i could help...
:
:dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.

I've no preconceived ideas(in other words I am open to options), so whatever works....bearing in mind this is all about mountain bike action, so uptempo is the word! (or is that two words???)....i'll check out the songs...the important part, is that they fit somewhere, and you'd let me use them if they do!

Greg
Old 2003-07-22, 09:41

sure, you can use one song but make sure i get contacted and the whole nine, thats detailed description of the song your using and whats going on at the point.

is there a downloadable version of this movie?

also, if your interested in my "style" than i would love to compose a track entirely made for this movie.

dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.
Old 2003-07-23, 01:51

:sure, you can use one song but make sure i get contacted and the whole nine, thats detailed description of the song your using and whats going on at the point.
:
:is there a downloadable version of this movie?
:
:also, if your interested in my "style" than i would love to compose a track entirely made for this movie.
:
:dice.s [ 125 ] @ kombo-teck.

As I said, I'll revive my website with a copy of the movie for everyone to see, and i'll provide a means of downloading when it's done.....my most important task is getting the film recorded!!

And no worries, when I have made my track selections, I'll be sure everyone knows what I am using. This is a bit of a experiment, but I reckon it will be worth it! Judging from the talent I've heard on the song library so far....I think this will be pretty good.

I'll be listening to tracks later on when I get home.

Greg