Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-08-08, 21:50

Good grief! Is this feature request week?

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the world's population is plugged in to some kind of global telepathic network... you know, like when you don't get a single phone call for a week then all of a sudden fifteen people call you on the same day for completely independent reasons.

Feature requests were quite rare for a while. Now every other post is a feature request. Is it in the air? I don't feel it.

/Fred
Old 2003-08-08, 21:54

All it takes is one rock to start an avalanche... (nt)

:Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the world's population is plugged in to some kind of global telepathic network... you know, like when you don't get a single phone call for a week then all of a sudden fifteen people call you on the same day for completely independent reasons.
:
:Feature requests were quite rare for a while. Now every other post is a feature request. Is it in the air? I don't feel it.
:
:/Fred
Old 2003-08-08, 21:57

a rock thrown by a stupid man into a well...

a thousand wize men will not be able to pull out.

anyone else here have more rock proverbs to donate? ;-)

::Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the world's population is plugged in to some kind of global telepathic network... you know, like when you don't get a single phone call for a week then all of a sudden fifteen people call you on the same day for completely independent reasons.
::
::Feature requests were quite rare for a while. Now every other post is a feature request. Is it in the air? I don't feel it.
::
::/Fred
Old 2003-08-08, 22:06

Even worse, it's *lame* feature request week.

Not only has there been a flurry of feature requests, but they have been predominantly lame ones. I was beginning to wonder if there should be a "Reason 3 Suggestions" board created to get rid of all this noise.

Maybe one out of every 100 feature requests I've seen on this board is actually something clever and useful. The rest of them have easy workarounds, are better-served by another application, or are just plain dumb.

I'm not saying any particular person or requested feature is dumb, nor that it's dumb to suggest features. Just making a general observation that the majority of Reason 3 suggestions made lately are not very well thought-out. Quite frankly I'm glad most of the stuff that's been suggested here lately will never make it into the product.
Old 2003-08-08, 23:12

Re: Suggestions Board

: I was beginning to wonder if there should be a
: "Reason 3 Suggestions" board created
: to get rid of all this noise.

That's already been suggested...
Old 2003-08-08, 23:52

Re: Good grief! Is this feature request week?

:Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the world's population is plugged in to some kind of global telepathic network... you know, like when you don't get a single phone call for a week then all of a sudden fifteen people call you on the same day for completely independent reasons.
:

Try this theory out...a friend of mine is into this and says it is the answer to everything. (I always thought the answer was 42)

Greg
Morphogentic Fields
Old 2003-08-09, 00:06

Wow! Thanks for the interesting read...

I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to anything supernatural, but once there's a scientific approach I'm all ears...

/Fred
Old 2003-08-09, 00:11

blue tits tear tops? must be something to it! nt

Old 2003-08-09, 00:46

Morphogentic Fields

:Try this theory out...a friend of mine is into this and says it is the answer to everything. (I always thought the answer was 42)
:
:Greg

You know, that Morphogentic Fields theory is nice, but if it were true - there shouldn't be any stupid people in the world, because shouldn't the intelligence of all genius spread by said field into all of us stupid folk? ;-)

Just me "morphing" out loud...

Cheers,

EnochLight
Old 2003-08-09, 00:52

Re: Morphogentic Fields

: there shouldn't be any stupid people in the world,
: because shouldn't the intelligence of all genius spread
: by said field into all of us stupid folk? ;-)

But maybe stupidity spreads too.